Welcome

Username:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]

Chatbox

You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

nani: 28 Sep : 04:31 AM

plz pleasec tell me where to do phd in india

Nikhilphysio: 02 Jun : 03:55 AM

I am working as physiotherapist in Shalby hospital ahmedabad for 4 years. I have passed out from Rajiv gandhi university of health and sciences Bangalore. I want to apply for Newzealand physiotherapy board registration so anyone there from India who got registered as physiotherapist in new zealand please help me.

Arun: 10 May : 12:36 AM

Hi Priyank, welcome. Feel free to go through these forum threads returned by search [link]

Priyank: 09 May : 10:28 PM

Hi..need advice. What are the options in Australia after MPT?

Arun: 04 Mar : 02:01 AM

Happy birthday Boopathi and somasimple

Forums

Physioblasts.Org - India's collaborative physiotherapy community & free learning portal :: Forums :: Community Forum :: Study Abroad

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>

Web-based Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program for Licenced PTs in the US

Moderators: Arun, Boopathi, Robin, Diana, AJIN, MDK-Physio
Author Post
Fri Jun 30 2006, 12:30AM
Arun
May I help you?

Registered Member #1
Web-based  Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program or transitional DPT program are being announced and offered by many US universities.

Go to the following links for more info:
University of South Alabama - http://www.southalabama.edu/alliedhealth/pt/onlinedpt.html
University of Sciences Philadelphia - http://www.usip.edu/graduate/dpt/index.shtml

Quoted from University of South Alabama site:  The USA Department of Physical Therapy is very pleased to announce a web-based DPT program for licensed physical therapists!  The American Physical Therapy Association refers to this type of program as a transitional Doctor of Physical Therapy (tDPT) program. Licensed Physical Therapists can now advance their degree to the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) in a completely web-based curriculum at the University of South Alabama under the guidance of the experienced and encouraging PT faculty. This web-based DPT program for licensed physical therapists represents an alternate means of attaining the Doctor of Physical Therapy degree.  Credits from the individual entry-level physical therapy degree and portfolio credit will count toward the degree. The program can be completed with 20 –29 semester hours of online coursework. Application to this web-based program is reserved only for individuals who already possess a license to practice physical therapy in the US and want to advance their entry-level physical therapy degree (Bachelor's or Master's) to the Doctor of Physical Therapy.  This isa process that will update knowledge in the field and advance their clinical decision making abilities. The web-based program consists of 20-29 semester credits of online courses in addition to documentation of required previous entry-level physical therapy degree credit and portfolio analysis to grant credit for professional life-experience and clinical expertise.  This program and its application process are separate from the regular onsite eight-semester DPT program though both culminate in the same DPT degree. While the campus-based entry-level Doctor of Physical Therapy degree consists of 118 semester credit hours, the “web-based DPT program for licensed Physical Therapists” will consist of 118 hours from:
  1. credit from previous physical therapy professional course work taken in a Masters or undergraduate physical therapy degree program;
  2. credit for graduate level PT-related courses taken since receiving the entry level (Masters or undergraduate) degree;
  3. credit for professional experience awarded through portfolio review;
  4. credit for online physical therapy courses offered through our web-based program. For example, a 2001 MPT graduate from our program with 93 semester credits from the entry-level MPT degree who gained 5 semester credits from portfolio analysis would only need to take 20 semester credits of the web-based curriculum.
The Web-based DPT program is a distance education clinical doctorate program designed for licensed physical therapists to work toward the DPT degree. All courses are delivered via the Internet for convenient, interactive, and independently paced learning that includes significant peer/faculty interaction. Each course web site will contain all course information including all assignments, quizzes and exams.  Course information may also be delivered online in a variety of formats including bulletin boards, posted PowerPoint presentations, online discussions, and e-mail. The program will primarily consist of online courses with options for specified on-site units (similar to Continuing Education Unit formats) that might be available from the University of South Alabama Department of Physical Therapy.

Fri Jun 30 2006, 06:52AM
Robin
Keep looking around. There's always something you've missed.

Registered Member #4

nice news arun!

Sun Jul 02 2006, 04:53AM
AJIN
DR. (PT)
Registered Member #223

nice to know that there is an option for the physios who are there......maybe it might help each ne of us at one timee or the other

Sun Nov 11 2018, 01:48AM
physioinspira
Registered Member #4511

Hi, Needed some information about DPT and other information...
Hello .

I am in my 4th year doing my BPTh. I am a little confused as to what path should I use I wanted to apply in USA. I was told the following:
# Apply for Physical.Therapy.Assistant program as its easier, cheaper and does not need GRE/TOEFL-->work for 1 year as a PTA and earn money-->go for transitional D.P.T OR
#Apply for FCCPT (credential evaluation), Appear for CLEP exam (deficit equivalency), appear for state license exam and practice as a B.P.Th. In this scenario, can I work as BPTH?
#Other than FCCPT (is COMMIT legitimate) agency? OR
#Give GRE/TOEFL and apply for DPT (most conventional approach)
>> I do not know when to give GRE/TOEFL as I am going to complete my internship around Feb-June 2020.
>> What is the ideal time to get this FCCPT evaluation and CLEP exam?
>> What is the prerequisite degree required and other requirements (example professional work experience) to get into DPT or transition DPT (TDPT)?

I Appreciate your efforts in advance.Thanks

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF