Welcome

Username:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]

Chatbox

You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

nani: 28 Sep : 04:31 AM

plz pleasec tell me where to do phd in india

Nikhilphysio: 02 Jun : 03:55 AM

I am working as physiotherapist in Shalby hospital ahmedabad for 4 years. I have passed out from Rajiv gandhi university of health and sciences Bangalore. I want to apply for Newzealand physiotherapy board registration so anyone there from India who got registered as physiotherapist in new zealand please help me.

Arun: 10 May : 12:36 AM

Hi Priyank, welcome. Feel free to go through these forum threads returned by search [link]

Priyank: 09 May : 10:28 PM

Hi..need advice. What are the options in Australia after MPT?

Arun: 04 Mar : 02:01 AM

Happy birthday Boopathi and somasimple

Forums

Moderators: Arun, Boopathi, Robin, Diana, AJIN, MDK-Physio
Author Post
Sun Sep 27 2015, 11:58AM
ajay.dherwani
Registered Member #4195
Hi. can anyone explain me regarding the biomechanics of lumbar spine. as its stated that lumbar spine due to facet orientation just allows flex.ext.lat flexion but almost no rotation.
but if we read in the text and other books lumbar does have rotation. can anyone please explain if i have got this wrong and eleborate me with reason
thanks

Sat Oct 03 2015, 07:47AM
Robin
Keep looking around. There's always something you've missed.

Registered Member #4

ajay.dherwani wrote ...
Hi. can anyone explain me regarding the biomechanics of lumbar spine. as its stated that lumbar spine due to facet orientation just allows flex.ext.lat flexion but almost no rotation. but if we read in the text and other books lumbar does have rotation. can anyone please explain if i have got this wrong and eleborate me with reason thanks

Hi Ajay Dherwani,
A lumbar facet joint attributes to 1-2 degrees of rotational movement at each unit level. Jaumard NV, Welch WC, Winkelstein BA. Spinal Facet Joint Biomechanics and Mechanotransduction in Normal, Injury and Degenerative Conditions.Journal of Biomechanical Engineering. 2011;133(7):71010-NaN. doi:10.1115/1.4004493. 
Lumbar AROM rotation is 3-18 degrees(different from total trunk rotation which about 45 degrees) which is a combination of rotation at L1-5 levels and a combination of flexion/lateral flexion motion. Axial rotation and lateral bending in the normal lumbar spine measured by three-dimensional radiography. Pearcy MJTibrewal SB.
Hope this helps.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF