Welcome

Username:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]

Chatbox

You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

physicaltherapy: 05 Feb : 06:54 pm

Is there anyone who has gone through CWT6 or type 1 evaluation with FCCPT?
If so, kindly let me know from where can the following deficiencies be fulfilled?
1. History
2. Systems Review
3. Findings that warrant referral
4. Supervision of support staff
5. Documentation

nani: 28 Sep : 04:31 am

plz pleasec tell me where to do phd in india

Nikhilphysio: 02 Jun : 03:55 am

I am working as physiotherapist in Shalby hospital ahmedabad for 4 years. I have passed out from Rajiv gandhi university of health and sciences Bangalore. I want to apply for Newzealand physiotherapy board registration so anyone there from India who got registered as physiotherapist in new zealand please help me.

Arun: 10 May : 12:36 am

Hi Priyank, welcome. Feel free to go through these forum threads returned by search [link]

Priyank: 09 May : 10:28 pm

Hi..need advice. What are the options in Australia after MPT?

Forums

Moderators: Arun, Boopathi, Robin, Diana, AJIN, MDK-Physio
Author Post
Sat Oct 20 2012, 01:41am
manira
Registered Member #3805
hello to all my senior members
I am a BPT from GGSIPU university, Iapplied to FCCPT for NY credentialing, I was planning to go for ms in exercise science spring 2013 and then appear for npte. I applied to FFCPT for NY verification process in june, I applied to NYSED after my fccpt process was over in mid sept. Now I got a letter from NYSED that says my application is incomplete. they have mentioned the change in laws (beginning aug 2012) that was signed by the governor in 2011. Now I got admission into exercise science but as per the letter from NYSED i wont be able to appear for NPTE. What do I do? do i need to enroll to mpt/dpt or can I sit for NPTE after exercise science + some other credits.
Please help
thank you

Sat Oct 20 2012, 06:10pm
Travelingphysio
Registered Member #3407

I guess according to the new rules of NYSED One must already have a masters to be eligible for the NPTE. Unfortunately they haven't specified if that can be any masters degree or an MPT or a DPT. They provide very little information and do not even issue a letter that one is eligible or not. They are also not upfront on the General edu credits required and how many are required if they need them at all. You have to take a decision based on your need. Exercise science would give you some general education credits. I don't know if that would help you with NY. But if you do a DPT it will surely help you with other states and you don't have to rely on NY alone. Studying and being in the USA gives you the advantage of not having to apply for a visitor visa for exam once you become eligible. Lots of rejection rates I have heard. If you are confident of getting a visitor visa two years from now a good option would be to do your MPT in India while completing all general education credits during the same time. This would save lots of money. But the visa is an issue after two years...

Sun Oct 21 2012, 06:42am
Robin
Keep looking around. There's always something you've missed.

Registered Member #4

Manira, you seems to have missed the deadline by a whisker, more when you had already applied for the credential evaluation at the same time. I do not think exercise science is considered an equivalent to PT education, but it will add some general and professional credits.
Travellingphysio has said it right, instead of doing exercise science it would be better to do Masters in India and then try for Licensure but as he points out visa approval is something that might be a worry as we are not sure what is in store for future considering these issues. If not, another option would be to try for a Doctorate or Masters in PT in the US instead of an exercise science.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF