Welcome

Username:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]

Chatbox

You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

nani: 28 Sep : 04:31 AM

plz pleasec tell me where to do phd in india

Nikhilphysio: 02 Jun : 03:55 AM

I am working as physiotherapist in Shalby hospital ahmedabad for 4 years. I have passed out from Rajiv gandhi university of health and sciences Bangalore. I want to apply for Newzealand physiotherapy board registration so anyone there from India who got registered as physiotherapist in new zealand please help me.

Arun: 10 May : 12:36 AM

Hi Priyank, welcome. Feel free to go through these forum threads returned by search [link]

Priyank: 09 May : 10:28 PM

Hi..need advice. What are the options in Australia after MPT?

Arun: 04 Mar : 02:01 AM

Happy birthday Boopathi and somasimple

Forums

Go to page  1 [2]
Moderators: Arun, Boopathi, Robin, Diana, AJIN, MDK-Physio
Author Post
Tue Apr 16 2013, 10:44AM
snowleopard
Registered Member #3895

Hello,

Thank you Robin for such a helpful information.

I have passed my Bachelor degree in 2006?...
I want to know that - which CWT 4 or 5 is accepted by fccpt for visa screening certificate?

Thank you,
Shesha.

Mon Sep 28 2015, 09:14PM
kiratee patel
Registered Member #3100

Hi, I am an indian physio; living in canada.. I have done my B.P.T from RGUHS.I have few queries hope i get answers:

1. I want to take NPTE exam as soon as possible. I have heard that NY state has min requirement so it will take less time. And for NY there is diff process called new york verification: so my que is, do i have to do type 1 verification as well to take NPTE?Or just new york verification is enough?

2. I live in canada and also have tourist visa of US valid for 10 yrs; but i have heard that i can appear for NPTE from canada as well. Is this true? And if true; do i need type 1?

3. If i want to work in US as a physio; do i have to have health care worker certificate? Or do type 1? Or just new york verification is enough for NPTE exam and to work as well?

4. I already had taken TOEFL twice for canadian physiotherapy licensure exam, and have scores valid till Nov and Dec 2015. So was thinking that if at all i need to take toefl again for NPTE or Type 1, i better use that score before it expires. 
My toefl scores:
Nov 2013 exam- R20, L20, S26, W25 = total 91
Dec 2013 exam- R27, L27, S23, W24 = total 101
is this valid score?

Hope to hear soon from someone...

thanks.

Sat Oct 03 2015, 07:14AM
Robin
Keep looking around. There's always something you've missed.

Registered Member #4

kiratee patel wrote ...
Hi, I am an indian physio; living in canada.. I have done my B.P.T from RGUHS.I have few queries hope i get answers: 1. I want to take NPTE exam as soon as possible. I have heard that NY state has min requirement so it will take less time. And for NY there is diff process called new york verification: so my que is, do i have to do type 1 verification as well to take NPTE?Or just new york verification is enough? 
All state boards now require the same amount of credits as far my last update was, I do not think NY is easier than any other states for that matter. http://www.visalaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/ptchart.pdf this link should give you basic infor on the requirements or atleast contact info on various state boards for you t contact and get the info as needed.
To take an NPTE one will not require a type 1 from FCCPT itself, a credential evaluation accepted by the state PT board you are planning to apply for will be good enough and a visa to the country where you can sit for NPTE(USA, Canada, Puerto Rico, Guam, Virgin Islands). Type 1 certification from FCCPT includes heathcare worker certification along with credential evaluation which is required for an USCIS clearance for any healthcare to work in the US- means it is an eligibility requirement for your H1B or work visa process (thus eventually this is needed if one is looking for an H1B visa).

kiratee patel wrote ...
 2. I live in canada and also have tourist visa of US valid for 10 yrs; but i have heard that i can appear for NPTE from canada as well. Is this true? And if true; do i need type 1?  
Please see the answer above query.

kiratee patel wrote ...
3. If i want to work in US as a physio; do i have to have health care worker certificate? Or do type 1? Or just new york verification is enough for NPTE exam and to work as well? 
If one needs to work in the US, one needs to be a permanent resident/ citizen or has a work visa. Only work visas require healthcare worker certification as far as my understanding and experience goes. Type 1 from FCCPT includes healthcare worker certification along with credential evaluation. As far as the last part of query goes for NPTE for NY, a credential evaluation approved by NY state board and FSBPT registration should be good enough if you are already in the US/Canada( But maynot be good enough if you are looking to get an H1B eventually).

kiratee patel wrote ...
4. I already had taken TOEFL twice for canadian physiotherapy licensure exam, and have scores valid till Nov and Dec 2015. So was thinking that if at all i need to take toefl again for NPTE or Type 1, i better use that score before it expires.  My toefl scores: Nov 2013 exam- R20, L20, S26, W25 = total 91 Dec 2013 exam- R27, L27, S23, W24 = total 101 is this valid score? Hope to hear soon from someone... thanks.  
 Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) ExaminationFederal regulations require the following minimum passing scores for the Internet-based TOEFL (IBT). Those same regulations do not permit the substitution of other examinations for TOEFL.
Internet-Based TOEFL SectionMinimum Score
Total Score89
Composite of reading comprehension, listening comprehension and writing63
Speaking26

Individual Jurisdictions/States may have different requirements. The applicant should review the jurisdiction requirements as well. View the FSBPT’s Jurisdiction Licensure Reference Guide.

Your Nov score looks good enough to me. Not sure why you had to retake it on Dec where your reading score went below the required mark. 
Hope this helps, sorry for the delayed response.

[ Edited Sat Oct 03 2015, 07:15AM ]

Go to page  1 [2]  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF