Welcome

Username:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]

Chatbox

You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

physicaltherapy: 05 Feb : 06:54 pm

Is there anyone who has gone through CWT6 or type 1 evaluation with FCCPT?
If so, kindly let me know from where can the following deficiencies be fulfilled?
1. History
2. Systems Review
3. Findings that warrant referral
4. Supervision of support staff
5. Documentation

nani: 28 Sep : 04:31 am

plz pleasec tell me where to do phd in india

Nikhilphysio: 02 Jun : 03:55 am

I am working as physiotherapist in Shalby hospital ahmedabad for 4 years. I have passed out from Rajiv gandhi university of health and sciences Bangalore. I want to apply for Newzealand physiotherapy board registration so anyone there from India who got registered as physiotherapist in new zealand please help me.

Arun: 10 May : 12:36 am

Hi Priyank, welcome. Feel free to go through these forum threads returned by search [link]

Priyank: 09 May : 10:28 pm

Hi..need advice. What are the options in Australia after MPT?

Forums

Moderators: Arun, Boopathi, Robin, Diana, AJIN, MDK-Physio
Author Post
Thu Aug 23 2012, 08:29pm
Swathi Nukalapa
Registered Member #3759
Hi
I would like to know the procedure for physiotherapy Registration in Australia in detail.

Fri Aug 24 2012, 06:48pm
Robin
Keep looking around. There's always something you've missed.

Registered Member #4

Check these websites shared by Rajesh Kumar : [link] and [link].

Sat Aug 25 2012, 08:04pm
Robin
Keep looking around. There's always something you've missed.

Registered Member #4

The Australian Physiotherapy Council (APC) performs assessments of the knowledge, clinical skills and professional attributes of overseas qualified physiotherapists seeking to qualify for General Registration with the Physiotherapy Board of Australia, in order to practise as a physiotherapist in Australia under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law 2009.

The APC offers two separate assessments for candidates who want to qualify for General Registration and do not hold an Australian qualification approved by the Physiotherapy Board of Australia:

1. Three Part Assessment Process

This assessment process has three parts:

Initial Assessment
Written Examination
Clinical Assessment

A candidate who successfully completes the Three Part Assessment Process, will be granted a Final Certificate which can be used to meet one of the requirements for General Registration with the Physiotherapy Board of Australia. Please be aware that the Final Certificate  is only one of several requirements the Physiotherapy Board has for General Registration.

Further information regarding the Three Part Assessment Process can be found HERE

2. Assessment of Equivalence of Qualification

This assessment process is intended for candidates who hold qualifications that may be considered equivalent to an accredited Australian physiotherapy program.  It is based on the requirements for accreditation of Australian qualifications and requires the applicant's university to submit documents in substantial detail regarding all aspects of the qualification and course structure.  It is a one stage process, and if the candidate's application is successful they will be issued with a Certificate of Substantial Equivalence which can be used to meet one of the requirements for General Registration with the Physiotherapy Board of Australia.  Please be aware that the Certificate of Substantial Equivalence  is only one of several requirements the Physiotherapy Board has for General Registration. If the candidate's application is not successful, they will be approved to undertake the Three Part Assessment Process; starting with the Written Examination.

The Assessment of Equivalence of Qualification is a thorough and detailed assessment and it is recommended that applicants carefully read the list of criteria for approval before they apply.

assessment_of_equivalance_-_evidence_indicators_for_each_requirement_australian_pt_council.pdf

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF