Welcome

Username:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]

Chatbox

You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

physicaltherapy: 05 Feb : 06:54 PM

Is there anyone who has gone through CWT6 or type 1 evaluation with FCCPT?
If so, kindly let me know from where can the following deficiencies be fulfilled?
1. History
2. Systems Review
3. Findings that warrant referral
4. Supervision of support staff
5. Documentation

nani: 28 Sep : 04:31 AM

plz pleasec tell me where to do phd in india

Nikhilphysio: 02 Jun : 03:55 AM

I am working as physiotherapist in Shalby hospital ahmedabad for 4 years. I have passed out from Rajiv gandhi university of health and sciences Bangalore. I want to apply for Newzealand physiotherapy board registration so anyone there from India who got registered as physiotherapist in new zealand please help me.

Arun: 10 May : 12:36 AM

Hi Priyank, welcome. Feel free to go through these forum threads returned by search [link]

Priyank: 09 May : 10:28 PM

Hi..need advice. What are the options in Australia after MPT?

Forums

Moderators: Arun, Boopathi, Robin, Diana, AJIN, MDK-Physio
Author Post
Fri Apr 06 2012, 10:55AM
Robin
Keep looking around. There's always something you've missed.

Registered Member #4

For New Zealand registration for Indian trained PT, they should have a formal course of PT study in Canada, UK, NewZealand or Australia or have been registered in UK or Canada in the preceding 3 yrs of application. If one qualifies so, they will have to follow the following procedures.
To meet the Board’s qualification criteria, you need to have completed ONE of the six options below.
Note: Your primary physiotherapy qualification is the course of study leading to your initial registration as a physiotherapist in the country or state where you gained your physiotherapy qualification.
SHould have completed;
1. A full time four year undergraduate physiotherapy degree programme sufficiently similar to the physiotherapy curricula undertaken by undergraduates in New Zealand, which are developed to incorporate all the Board's competencies, as my primary physiotherapy qualification.
2. A physiotherapy qualification from a three year undergraduate degree programme as my primary physiotherapy qualification and have:
Either:
A minimum of one year full time post qualification physiotherapy practice experience as a fully registered (i.e. with unconditional registration) physiotherapist in my country/countries of practice,
Or:
I am able to provide evidence of successful completion of a formal course of university level physiotherapy study additional to my primary physiotherapy qualification, i.e. Certificates of Proficiency, a Graduate Certificate, a Graduate Diploma, a Post Graduate Diploma or a Masters during the three years immediately prior to submitting my application for registration.
3. A four year part time physiotherapy programme as my primary physiotherapy qualification that is considered to be equivalent to a three year full time bachelor degree, and:
Either:
A minimum of one year full time post qualification physiotherapy practice experience as a fully registered (i.e. with unconditional registration) physiotherapist in my country/countries of practice,
Or:
I am able to provide evidence of successful completion of a formal course of university level physiotherapy study additional to my primary physiotherapy qualification, i.e. Certificates of Proficiency, a Graduate Certificate, a Graduate Diploma, a Post Graduate Diploma or a Masters during the three years immediately prior to submitting my application for registration.
4. A graduate entry physiotherapy qualification (accelerated programme) [i] as my primary physiotherapy qualification, and:
Either:
Or:
I understand that I must complete competence examinations in the three core bases of physiotherapy practice (cardiovascular/pulmonary, musculoskeletal and neurology) at a New Zealand School of Physiotherapy as part of my application process.
And:
The accelerated physiotherapy programme reflects contemporary physiotherapy education and is sufficiently similar to the physiotherapy curricula undertaken by undergraduates in New Zealand which are developed to incorporate all the Board's competencies;
The minimum entry prerequisites for this graduate entry qualification is a related bachelor degree i.e. science, health science or sports science;
The curricula for the graduate entry physiotherapy qualification shows a minimum level of learning that is similar to the bachelor level of learning in physiotherapy that is recognised in New Zealand.
5. A primary physiotherapy qualification of less than 3 years (other than a graduate entry physiotherapy qualification referred to above), and can provide evidence of successful completion of a formal course of university level physiotherapy study additional to my primary physiotherapy qualification, i.e. Certificates of Proficiency, a Graduate Certificate, a Graduate Diploma, a Post Graduate Diploma or a Masters during the three years immediately prior to application for registration.
6. A Diploma of Physiotherapy as my primary physiotherapy qualification awarded after 1995 and can provide evidence of successful completion of a formal course of university level physiotherapy study additional to my primary physiotherapy qualification, i.e. Certificates of Proficiency, a Graduate Certificate, a Graduate Diploma, a Post Graduate Diploma or a Masters; during the three years immediately prior to application for registration.
IELTS
In order to practise as a physiotherapist in New Zealand you must have an excellent command of the English language with the ability to comprehend and communicate effectively in English in a physiotherapy practice setting with both patients/clients and professional colleagues.
If English is your first language and your programme of physiotherapy study was undertaken and examined in English, you meet the Board’s English language criteria. If not, please carefully read and consider the information below.
If either or both of the two scenarios below apply to you, the Board requires that you prove your English proficiency through providing evidence of successful completion of one of the tests detailed below:
English is not your first language. “First language” (native language/mother tongue) is defined as the language a person learns first, usually from their family.
Your course of physiotherapy (i.e. primary physiotherapy qualification) was not instructed and examined entirely in the English language.
The Board accepts two academic English language tests:
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) at the Academic level with an overall score of 7.5 and no grade less than 7 in each band.
Detailed information including locations, contact details and dates for IELTS examinations in New Zealand and overseas is available at [link]
Australian Occupational English Test (OET) with A or B level in all four sections.
Detailed information including locations, contact details and dates for OET examinations is available at [link]
Test results must be dated within the 2 years preceding the Board’s receipt of your application form.
Exemption
An applicant may be exempt from passing an Approved English test if he or she provides evidence which satisfies the Board of their ability to comprehend and communicate in English.
Applicants requesting an exemption will be required to provide:
Evidence of continuous practice as a registered physiotherapist for a period of at least two years within the three years immediately prior to application, in a physiotherapy practice setting in one of the following countries: England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Eire, Canada, Australia, South Africa and/or USA, where English was the first and primary language used in the physiotherapy practice setting.
AND
The names and contact details of two senior registered physiotherapists who are prepared to act as referees, who speak English as a first language, and who can verify the applicant’s claims to communicate effectively in English in a physiotherapy practice setting with both patients and professional colleagues. The two referees will be contacted directly by the Physiotherapy Board of New Zealand.
Each request for exemption will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
To meet the Board’s recency of practice criteria, you must be able to answer ‘Yes’ to at least one of the questions below.
Did you graduate from your primary physiotherapy qualification within the three years prior to the date of application for registration?
Have you been practising as a fully registered physiotherapist within the three years prior to the date of application for registration?
Are you able to provide evidence of successful completion of a formal course of university level physiotherapy study additional to your primary physiotherapy qualification, i.e. Certificates of Proficiency, Graduate Diploma, a Masters during the three years immediately prior to applying for registration?
The application fee is NZ $1,226.00 (non-refundable)
This is a legal process - aimed at protecting the public of New Zealand. The Board will only accept applications from physiotherapists who clearly indicate within their application an intention to practise physiotherapy in New Zealand.
The Board will only grant registration to physiotherapists that it considers competent and fit to practise.
There is no accreditation of overseas courses. Each application is individually assessed.
The information required is extensive and there is no guarantee of registration.
The onus is on the applicant to provide all the information required.
Errors and omissions will cause significant delays.
Evidence of successful completion of a formal course of university level physiotherapy study in addition to their physiotherapy qualification(s) gained in India. This formal study must be completed during the three years immediately prior to submitting an application for registration in New Zealand. The formal study could include Certificates of Proficiency, a Graduate Certificate, a Graduate Diploma, a Post Graduate Diploma or a Masters. This formal course of study must be completed in New Zealand, Australia, Canada or the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland),
OR
2. Evidence of FULL registration in Canada or the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) and physiotherapy practice in Canada or the United Kingdom.
There are no mandatory examinations set by the Board. However, in certain instances where evidence of competence has not been adequately demonstrated in written documentation an applicant may be invited to undertake competence examinations at their own expense in New Zealand to enable them to demonstrate their competence in the clinical setting.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF