[ ]
[ ]
[ ]


You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

physicaltherapy: 05 Feb : 06:54 pm

Is there anyone who has gone through CWT6 or type 1 evaluation with FCCPT?
If so, kindly let me know from where can the following deficiencies be fulfilled?
1. History
2. Systems Review
3. Findings that warrant referral
4. Supervision of support staff
5. Documentation

nani: 28 Sep : 04:31 am

plz pleasec tell me where to do phd in india

Nikhilphysio: 02 Jun : 03:55 am

I am working as physiotherapist in Shalby hospital ahmedabad for 4 years. I have passed out from Rajiv gandhi university of health and sciences Bangalore. I want to apply for Newzealand physiotherapy board registration so anyone there from India who got registered as physiotherapist in new zealand please help me.

Arun: 10 May : 12:36 am

Hi Priyank, welcome. Feel free to go through these forum threads returned by search [link]

Priyank: 09 May : 10:28 pm

Hi..need advice. What are the options in Australia after MPT?


Moderators: Arun, Boopathi, Robin, Diana, AJIN, MDK-Physio
Author Post
Thu Jan 26 2012, 04:13am
Registered Member #3036
Joined: Tue Apr 05 2011, 12:59am
Posts: 2
hi all
I am Physiotherapist from India, requesting you information regarding following questions

1.What is the requirement for health care worker certificate for physiotherapist from India?

2.I have TOFEL score, and I am authorized to practice physiotherapy in my country and I have done successful credit evaluation from FCCPT (not Type-1). Do I need US PT-license from any state if I want to get health care worker certificate provided that I have not appeared to NPTE and I therefore don’t have US PT-license?

3.what are the requirements for the H1b visa? confirm me which of the following are required. and please give detail comment on all following in terms which is needed when and where in actual?
a)NPTE pass and PT-license in hand
b)health care worker certificate
c)ATT (athorization to test) from FSBPT
d)Approval letter from any state license Board, as eligible to sit for NPTE.
e)sucessful TOEFL score

4. and lastly can any one post the whole procedure for US license and visa processing in stepwise manner bcuz i am confused which step to do when.

Thank you

Thu Jan 26 2012, 08:53pm
Keep looking around. There's always something you've missed.

Registered Member #4
Joined: Thu Jul 08 2004, 06:56am
Location: Kollam, Keralam, INDIA
Posts: 2120

I hope this helps u to sort the requirement process into a step by step process:

  • Applicant chooses the state in which they wish to work.
  • The applicant learns about state licensing requirements, application procedures, and which credentialing agencies are accepted by that state.
  • The applicant determines which type of work visa/permit will be needed and begins to process of application to USCIS.
  • Applicant applies to a credential evaluation agency for evaluation of educational credentials.
  • Take the TOEFL test.
  • Apply for visa screening certificate with CGFNS/FCCPT which requires TOEFL score.
  • The credential evaluation agency reviews the applicant's documents and determines whether the applicant's education is substantially equivalent to first professional PT degree in the United States.
  • The credential evaluation agency sends the final report to the applicant and to state licensing authority.
  • The state licensing authority reviews application for license (including the credential evaluation report) and determines whether or not to permit the applicant to sit for the NPTE.
  • One needs to apply for FSBPT registration
  • The State makes a decision as to whether the applicant can sit for the NPTE and sends notification to the FSBPT
  • FSBPT sends an ATT to you stating that u can schedule for NPTE.
  • Use the ATT to schedule NPTE with the prometric center.
  • If not approved, the applicant must supplement education to meet state requirements. A re-evaluation of the educational credentials may be required.
  • When the applicant passes the NPTE, most state boards approves license. Some may require a period of supervised practice before being licensed.Some require a social Security Number before they issue the license.
  • If student fails NPTE, must retake exam until he or she earns a passing score.
The points to be noted are that:
  • Since it is 'fixed date testing' for NPTE one needs to schedule applying to the FSBPT with the approval of H1b visa approval . It can be best done by having a discussion witht the recruiter who will be applying for the H1b for you.
  • The 'visa screen certificate' is the 'health care worker certification'
  • There had been changes in CGFNS/FCCPT in issuing the visa screen and credential evaluation certificate seperately, i think one can do them together now. One will have to chekc with theie websites for more info.
Hope this helps u to some extend. Nice to have u here.
  • A US PT license is not required to apply for health care worker certification.

Wed Feb 08 2012, 02:52am
Keep looking around. There's always something you've missed.

Registered Member #4
Joined: Thu Jul 08 2004, 06:56am
Location: Kollam, Keralam, INDIA
Posts: 2120

One can register for the NPTE with teh FSBPT using this link here : [link]


Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
Powered by e107 Forum System