Welcome

Username:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]

Chatbox

You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

physicaltherapy: 05 Feb : 06:54 pm

Is there anyone who has gone through CWT6 or type 1 evaluation with FCCPT?
If so, kindly let me know from where can the following deficiencies be fulfilled?
1. History
2. Systems Review
3. Findings that warrant referral
4. Supervision of support staff
5. Documentation

nani: 28 Sep : 04:31 am

plz pleasec tell me where to do phd in india

Nikhilphysio: 02 Jun : 03:55 am

I am working as physiotherapist in Shalby hospital ahmedabad for 4 years. I have passed out from Rajiv gandhi university of health and sciences Bangalore. I want to apply for Newzealand physiotherapy board registration so anyone there from India who got registered as physiotherapist in new zealand please help me.

Arun: 10 May : 12:36 am

Hi Priyank, welcome. Feel free to go through these forum threads returned by search [link]

Priyank: 09 May : 10:28 pm

Hi..need advice. What are the options in Australia after MPT?

Forums

Physioblasts.Org - India's collaborative physiotherapy community & free learning portal :: Forums :: Community Forum :: Career Abroad :: Career in the US

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>

NY credential Verification from FCCPT and TOEFL requirement ?

Go to page  [1] 2
Moderators: Arun, Boopathi, Robin, Diana, AJIN, MDK-Physio
Author Post
Thu Jan 26 2012, 02:31am
Anandpt
Registered Member #3050
Respected seniors and blog members,
I am Physiotherapist from RGUHS University,and now in final year of my MPT from same university. I am preparing for NY state for NPTE in 2012 ,23rd Oct. I have not yet given TOEFL exam,and I am doing credit preparation from IGNOU and Sikkim manipal . I have some doubts,please anybody answer them with your knowledge and/or experience....It will be great favor,

1.Is TOEFL exam score is necessary for getting only visitors visa,(B1/B2) and not job visa?

2.If I send only my BPT marks cards,degree certificate,internship completion certificate,syllabus,transcript to FCCPT for NY credential verification(and pay requierd fees) without any general education credit(eg. physcs,chemistry),and also apply for NYSED with related documents and fees.which of the following option will be true, A or B ?
A. My NY credential verification will be successful and NYSED approve me as eligible to sit for NPTE after registering to FSBPT.
B.No,my NY credential verification can not be successful due to lack of general educational credentials and therefore NYSED will not approve me as eligible for sitting for NPTE exam,unless I fill my credential lack and redo FCCPT NY credential verification and re-apply to NYSED.

After doing all necessary applications and procedures for NYSED and FCCPT NY credit verification and then successful registration with FSBPT,I will get ATT letter from FSBPT with eligibility period of 60 days. SO my question is,

3.Which one of the following is right option, a or b ?
a) I NEED TO ONLY SCHEDULE MY NPTE EXAM DATE IN THAT 60 DAYS PERIOD,AND FOR THAT I CAN BOOK(with prometric company) ANY EXAM DATE(displayed on fsbpt website) THAT FALLS EITHER INSIDE OR OUTSIDE THAT 60 DAYS ELIGIBILITY OF ATT LETTER OF FSBPT.
b)I MUST BOOK AND SIT FOR EXAM DATE WITHIN 60 DAYS PERIOD AFTER GETIING ATT LETTER,AND THEREFORE I MUST SELECT AND GIVE EXAM FOR DATE THAT STRICTLY FALLS WITHIN THE 60 DAYS ELIGIBILITY PERIOD,and therefore I can not give exam after 60 days period is completed .

[ Edited Thu Jan 26 2012, 02:40am ]

Thu Jan 26 2012, 08:28pm
Robin
Keep looking around. There's always something you've missed.

Registered Member #4

Anandpt wrote ...
I am doing credit preparation from IGNOU and Sikkim manipal   
 One might have to take into consideration the time it takes to cover the needed credits thru IGNOU and Sikkim Univs, and plan the application for PT License/credentialing/visa screen/TOEFL etc. accordingly.

Anandpt wrote ...
 1.Is TOEFL exam score is necessary for getting only visitors visa,(B1/B2) and not job visa? 
 TOEFL will be required for state licensing Board application, Visa screening, and credential evaluation. It is not a requirement for a visitors visa.
Anandpt wrote ...
 2.If I send only my BPT marks cards,degree certificate,internship completion certificate,syllabus,transcript to FCCPT for NY credential verification(and pay requierd fees) without any general education credit(eg. physcs,chemistry),and also apply for NYSED with related documents and fees.which of the following option will be true, A or B ? A. My NY credential verification will be successful and NYSED approve me as eligible to sit for NPTE after registering to FSBPT. B.No,my NY credential verification can not be successful due to lack of general educational credentials and therefore NYSED will not approve me as eligible for sitting for NPTE exam,unless I fill my credential lack and redo FCCPT NY credential verification and re-apply to NYSED.
Both FCCPT and CGFNS does credential evaluation for NY PT Board and either a transcript or syllabus will be good enough and not both together is required( if submitting both, the total hours and subjects covered should match in both). I'm not sure whether NY Board has updated its requirements for PT licensing, and as per my knowledge 'Option- B' is more right (When u mean general credits, i assume u mean additional credits from what u might be having already). This alone will not help u get to the US to sit for NPTE, U will have to have a successfull Visa screen certificate to be eligible for a visa.
Anandpt wrote ...
 After doing all necessary applications and procedures for NYSED and FCCPT NY credit verification and then successful registration with FSBPT,I will get ATT letter from FSBPT with eligibility period of 60 days. SO my question is, 3.Which one of the following is right option, a or b ? a) I NEED TO ONLY SCHEDULE MY NPTE EXAM DATE IN THAT 60 DAYS PERIOD,AND FOR THAT I CAN BOOK(with prometric company) ANY EXAM DATE(displayed on fsbpt website) THAT FALLS EITHER INSIDE OR OUTSIDE THAT 60 DAYS ELIGIBILITY OF ATT LETTER OF FSBPT. b)I MUST BOOK AND SIT FOR EXAM DATE WITHIN 60 DAYS PERIOD AFTER GETIING ATT LETTER,AND THEREFORE I MUST SELECT AND GIVE EXAM FOR DATE THAT STRICTLY FALLS WITHIN THE 60 DAYS ELIGIBILITY PERIOD,and therefore I can not give exam after 60 days period is completed .
With 'fixed date testing', the FSBPT usually sends the ATT with the next available date for one to apply to the prometric center to sit for NPTE. So, one will have to schedule things accordingly and talk to the recruiter and the H1b application/approval date on when to go ahead with registering with the FSBPT.
You also may want to check the previous discussions that has happened here on similar topics. Nice to have u here.

Fri Mar 09 2012, 08:20am
Travelingphysio
Registered Member #3407

Hi Friends,
I also have a doubt regarding the NY state credentials. I completed my 3 and half year BPT in 1998 and MPT in 2006. I was going through the NY state education requirements and it mentions that " "Completed a program satisfactory to the Department of not less than four years of postsecondary study which includes the professional study of physical therapy that is equivalent to a certificate program in physical therapy registered by the Department and which culminates in a degree or diploma accepted as preparation in physical therapy by the civil authorities of the country in which the studies were completed"

I also called them to clarify this but they were not of much help. My questions are
1) Do they still acept the 3 and half year course for evaluations.
2) Do you think the MPT would satisfy the Post secondary 4 years of study.

Fri Mar 09 2012, 02:34pm
Robin

Registered Member #4

Hi TravellingPhysio,

1. They do accept 3 and 1/2 yr course in PT
  2. 2 yrs of MPT education and 3 yrs of BPT adds upto make 5 yrs of Post-secondary education.
To my understanding, the requirement of a 4 yrs post secondary education is a Federal rule for all healthcare workers, and without it one cannot obtain a healthcare worker certification.

Sun Mar 11 2012, 09:44am
Travelingphysio
Registered Member #3407

Thanks Robin. I will proceed with my application now.

Sun Mar 11 2012, 09:53am
Robin

Registered Member #4

forgot to mention about this in addition to the previous post of mine:
Since most of the state PT Boards requires credentialing agencies to use FSBPT's coursework tool for credit calculation, they automatically requires Masters in PT as the entry level of education for those graduated these days. But they have provisions for those who have completed 4 1/2 yrs aswells as 3 1/2 yrs education in PT if completed before a certain time period which can be found from their website. There was a link to the pdf file showing it here on the forums, but one will need to search it since i forgot where it is exactly.

Sun Mar 11 2012, 04:44pm
Travelingphysio
Registered Member #3407

Hi Robin,
Many thanks for the information. Are you referring to the CWT. Because for those who graduated after 1998 to 2006 they use the CWT-4 and the general education credits are mentioned. But I guess NY doesnt need those credits.

I also have another doubt. Information is being passed around that for a H1B visa they are asking for general education credits. I dont understand this as if one gets throught the NY credenetials and also clears the NPTE through NY and then applies for a H1B the applicant would be stalled due to lack of general education credits. is this true. Is there any written guideliens for this. Kindly enlighten. Thanks in advance

Sun Mar 11 2012, 07:37pm
Robin

Registered Member #4

Oh yes, i was referring to the course work tool (CWT). And thanx for the mentioning the yrs that are applicable based on graduation years; i forgot exactly which all yrs and the respective CWT used for evaluation purposes. NY PT Board , as far as my understanding goes, uses a CWT of 3 or lesser i guess or may not be using one either. I am yet to see an evaluation report for the NY Board. Let me see if i can grab a copy of one.
I am not sure about the requirement of gen credits for H1b. They did not need anything of anything like that before. Maybe others are referring to the lack of total credit hours needed (which should equal 4 yrs of post secondary education) even though one might have enough professional credits. H1b application does not have anything to do with credits to my knowledge, it requires a successful credential evaluation, a successful health care worker certification in addition to the other general requirements. I havent come across any news regarding to any such change in H1b application mentioned, if so it should have come on FSBPT/FCCPT/CGFNS websites for sure, and other major recruiter websites. It would also be wise to confirm where the news comes from.

Tue Mar 13 2012, 08:50am
Travelingphysio
Registered Member #3407

Hi Robin, Thats what I thought too. But the more I inquire around the more confusing it gets. I am waiting for some authentic information. Once I get it I will pass it on here. One thing is certain. NY is going to ask for a minimum MPT from August 16th onwards. So those who want to apply without a masters they should do now.

Fri Mar 16 2012, 06:15am
Robin

Registered Member #4

It will not be surprising if the NY PT Board too raise the min requirements for PT licensing. But even if they do that, they always will have regulations to accomodate those graduates with enough experience to still have a license as is with other state PT Boards in the US. If not there will be a lot of US trained PTs too without a license. Not many of the earlier US PTs have more than a Bachelors in PT. Anyway i too hope to find some info on it.

Go to page  [1] 2  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF