Welcome

Username:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]

Chatbox

You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

nani: 28 Sep : 04:31 AM

plz pleasec tell me where to do phd in india

Nikhilphysio: 02 Jun : 03:55 AM

I am working as physiotherapist in Shalby hospital ahmedabad for 4 years. I have passed out from Rajiv gandhi university of health and sciences Bangalore. I want to apply for Newzealand physiotherapy board registration so anyone there from India who got registered as physiotherapist in new zealand please help me.

Arun: 10 May : 12:36 AM

Hi Priyank, welcome. Feel free to go through these forum threads returned by search [link]

Priyank: 09 May : 10:28 PM

Hi..need advice. What are the options in Australia after MPT?

Arun: 04 Mar : 02:01 AM

Happy birthday Boopathi and somasimple

Forums

Physioblasts.Org - India's collaborative physiotherapy community & free learning portal :: Forums :: Community Forum :: Study Abroad

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>

What is visa screening and visa screening certificate?

Moderators: Arun, Boopathi, Robin, Diana, AJIN, MDK-Physio
Author Post
Fri Sep 23 2011, 12:40PM
Kalpit Bhatt
Registered Member #3154
Hello,

I want some information regarding 1)visa screening, 2)its requirements, 3)procedure and 4)visa screening certificate for USA.

Please reply......

Fri Sep 23 2011, 08:11PM
Robin
Keep looking around. There's always something you've missed.

Registered Member #4

Visa screen certificate is an evaluation of visa credentials of a prospective healthcare worker for a US work visa. The whole thing is based on federal regulations unlike the educational credential evaluation certificate. The whole application can be online thus savin lot of time and the certificate is valid for 5 years. The basic things they check are :

• Professional education comparable to US standards for the same profession ( i'm unsure whether they look for the total credit hours or the years of education nowadays as the CGFNS seemed to have changed a lot of things of late)
  • Higher secondary education of atleast 2 years other than the professional education
  • English proficiency -TOEFL with scores of 89 total with minimum 26 in speaking for Internet based and 560 in paperbased and 50 in TSE.
  • License to practice in the country of education (Indian PTs need not have the form submitted, but needs a letter from the college of education stating there is no licensing body in India and the degree certificate is valid enough)
One can check the steps in applying for the certificate here at : http://www.cgfns.org/sections/programs/vs/vssteps.shtml
Check the requirements for teh certificate here at : http://www.cgfns.org/files/pdf/req/VSrequirements.pdf
I am of the view that one may not need Masters degree program in PT if he has a 4 and 1/2 year education in PT for visa screening certificate. Though for those who have graduated PT after 2009 is required to have a minimum of a Masters level education according to CWT-5 for educational credential requirements, it cannot be verified whether Visa screen certificate need the same requirements. Not many state PT boards ask for CWT-5 either. So, my guess is that if one have a 4 yrs plus education in PT, he might be considered good for work visa as per federal regulations. But the best thing to do in such situations of incomplete information will be not to go by guess work like what i did, but to contact the official person. One might want to call the CGFNS board and enquire about it before spending money on it.
The contact information for CGFNS can be found here at : https://www.cgfns.org/cerpassweb/contactUsAfterHours.jsp

Mon Apr 15 2013, 10:24PM
snowleopard
Registered Member #3895

Hello everyone,

I have applied for NPTE exam and planning to take license in California state.
I want to some information about Visa Screening process...

1) Is this Visa Screening process is after geting license or before having PT license of particular state.

Thank you,
Shesha.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF