Welcome

Username:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]

Chatbox

You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

nani: 28 Sep : 04:31 AM

plz pleasec tell me where to do phd in india

Nikhilphysio: 02 Jun : 03:55 AM

I am working as physiotherapist in Shalby hospital ahmedabad for 4 years. I have passed out from Rajiv gandhi university of health and sciences Bangalore. I want to apply for Newzealand physiotherapy board registration so anyone there from India who got registered as physiotherapist in new zealand please help me.

Arun: 10 May : 12:36 AM

Hi Priyank, welcome. Feel free to go through these forum threads returned by search [link]

Priyank: 09 May : 10:28 PM

Hi..need advice. What are the options in Australia after MPT?

Arun: 04 Mar : 02:01 AM

Happy birthday Boopathi and somasimple

Forums

Physioblasts.Org - India's collaborative physiotherapy community & free learning portal :: Forums :: Community Forum :: Study Abroad

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>

Which types of courses can help me to complete my lacking General & Professional credits??

Moderators: Arun, Boopathi, Robin, Diana, AJIN, MDK-Physio
Author Post
Sun Sep 11 2011, 01:54PM
Kalpit Bhatt
Registered Member #3154
Hello,
Which types of courses can help me to complete my lacking General & Professional credits necessary to be eligible for NPTE??

Plz...... someone plz reply.........

Sun Sep 11 2011, 06:54PM
Lopa Mehta
Registered Member #3185

Hi Kalpit,
It depends on the state for which you are going to apply and your transcript. Usually for general credits CLEP and/or few other courses from community college (like labs that we did in our high school) is sufficient and for professional courses you need to ask the board which ones you are lacking so that you can take those while doing your masters in any other field in here. I dont have a detailed idea as I dont lack any but this I came to know from my seniors.....please correct me if I am wrong....

Sun Sep 11 2011, 07:22PM
Robin
Keep looking around. There's always something you've missed.

Registered Member #4

As per the information i have, i will have to second what Lopa mentioned; credit requirement varies mostly for each state and mainly by the transcript submitted by the applicant for evaluation. CLEP is an easy way to cover those credits as it can be taken in many countries (but unfortunately not in India). But if you r in the US on a student visa, it would not be difficult to cover those general credits along with the studies. But if one wants to cover those credits while being in India, the options available are either fast but expensive or slow but inexpensive (looking at a bigger picture, the first option is never a bad one). A PT from India rarely lacks in professional credits for a state where only BPT is required as mostly the 3 1/2 course will have some 90-105 credits covered, while the 4 1/2 will have anywhere between 95-125 credits covered. AND, professional credits cannot be covered by taking short courses (atleast from the information posted on few US state PT Boards).
You also may want to take at few other discussions we had earlier about the general credit requirements and ways to take them:
[link] -Javed talking about an option.
[link] - Guru and Srinidhi chippin in with some info
[link] - some more information by Thiru
Its nice that those discussions are helpful for others now, hope that you too will leave a feedback on how things r goin so that someone in future might find it helpful and thank you for sharing it.

Sun Sep 11 2011, 07:53PM
Lopa Mehta
Registered Member #3185

Thanks alot Robin...all those links were full of information...

Mon Sep 12 2011, 10:54AM
Kalpit Bhatt
Registered Member #3154

thank you so much...both of you......

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF