Welcome

Username:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]

Chatbox

You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

nani: 28 Sep : 04:31 AM

plz pleasec tell me where to do phd in india

Nikhilphysio: 02 Jun : 03:55 AM

I am working as physiotherapist in Shalby hospital ahmedabad for 4 years. I have passed out from Rajiv gandhi university of health and sciences Bangalore. I want to apply for Newzealand physiotherapy board registration so anyone there from India who got registered as physiotherapist in new zealand please help me.

Arun: 10 May : 12:36 AM

Hi Priyank, welcome. Feel free to go through these forum threads returned by search [link]

Priyank: 09 May : 10:28 PM

Hi..need advice. What are the options in Australia after MPT?

Arun: 04 Mar : 02:01 AM

Happy birthday Boopathi and somasimple

Forums

Moderators: Arun, Boopathi, Robin, Diana, AJIN, MDK-Physio
Author Post
Tue Aug 02 2011, 04:49AM
Kalpit Bhatt
Registered Member #3154
I am going to apply in US university. so, i would have to send my Curriculam vitae there and i don't know hot to make it. So, i want sample format of Curriculam Vitae. Plz someone help me for it.............

Tue Aug 02 2011, 07:49PM
Robin
Keep looking around. There's always something you've missed.

Registered Member #4

Well, this mostly depends upon the one whose resume it would be and the type of need the resume will cater to. Since PT is very much considered a skilled professional job, we need to have a very goood resume prepared which follows the normal accepted pattern or template. That shouldnt, for that matter, shut down the creative aspect in resume preperation. Again one will have to decide whether it needs to be a persuasive one or user centered one.

Since you here is trying to present this to a university for an admission for a Masters degree course, I would prefer a user centered approach in preperation. One needs to present his case in such a brief way that he projects himself as both, well qualified to get an admission, as well as that one is a bright and motivated student. As usual, a resume should have:
  1. a covering letter,
  2. contact information,
  3. educational details,
  4. experiences,
  5. honors & extra curriculur activities
This is what Purdue resume preperation has to say about 'contact information': " Employers will probably look first and last at your contact information section, so it's well worth your time to make this section easy-to-read and appealing to the eye. Whatever design choices you make, try to coordinate them with the rest of your resume. Here are some specific design options:
  • Use page design strategies to present information in a usable format. For example, to help readers find desired information, you might place your name in a larger font size, center it, boldface it, or anything to make it stand out. If you have a permanent and local address, you might want to play with columns.
  • You may want to add a graphic element such as a horizontal line to help section off your contact information. Make sure the visual does not distract from your textual information.
  • Coordinate with your cover letter. One way to make your application documents a professional package is to match your cover letter and your resume. You might do this by creating stationery or a letterhead for both documents. For instance, if you use two columns for your addresses and a double line on your resume header, you might adapt it for the top of your cover letter as well. Make sure to use the same fonts (size also) for both documents."
A potential employer has no legal right to request information about age, sex, race, religion, marital status, health, physical appearance, or personal habits. Don't include such information on resume.
  • full name
  • permanent address
  • local or campus address (if applicable)
  • phone number(s)
  • e-mail address
  • web address/URL
  • your fax number, etc.
Coming to educational section, it highlights relevant schooling and academic training. If you have substantial work experience, this section may be very brief, simply listing the information below. If you are a currently enrolled college student or a recent graduate, however, you may want to build this section substantially. It includes:
  • schools attended such as universities and 4-year colleges, junior and community colleges, as well as professional and technical schools (rarely high schools, unless somehow relevant)
  • location of schools
  • date of graduation, actual or anticipated
  • degree(s) earned
  • marks graded.
The usual content for an experience section includes:
  • company or organization, location
  • position title
  • dates of employment or involvement
  • descriptions of responsibilities and duties
  • Voluntary experiences (a considerably important part of resume in the western societies, though not in our country)
Next section of the resume should highlight the relevant activities one have been involved with and the honors received that could be discussed with the prospective employer or university counsellor which might make one an asset to the organization or the better suited for the post for which the resume is intended. And it should include:
  • academic awards and scholarships
  • membership in campus, national, or international organizations
  • leadership positions held in campus, national, or international organizations
  • university and community service positions
  • work-related awards or honors
  • date of award or dates of involvement in an activity
Everything submitted should be in reverse chronological order. No more than two typestyles appear; conservative typestyles be used. 'Times new romans' is the commonly used font type with font size 12 for the matter. Bolding, italics, and capitalization are used consistently and in support of the information structure (usually they are used less). Margins and line spacing(double spaced) keep the page from looking too crowded. Printing should be on one side of the sheet only, and on high-quality bond--white or off-white (i.e. beige or ivory). Excluding the cover letter, a resume looks better if it is inside 1-2 pages.
[Courtesy: Purdue writing lab, articles by Brea Barthel and Amanda Goldrick-Jones at writing center- RPI, lecture notes by Wasike, Ben., UTB.]
Hope it helps, Kalpit. It should also be noted that, despite serving common functions in every place, resumes are seen by employers differently in our country and in the US.

Thu Aug 04 2011, 09:12AM
Robin
Keep looking around. There's always something you've missed.

Registered Member #4

A sample resume forwarded by Pradip from facebook is attached along:
sample_resume.doc

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF