Welcome

Username:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]

Chatbox

You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

nani: 28 Sep : 04:31 AM

plz pleasec tell me where to do phd in india

Nikhilphysio: 02 Jun : 03:55 AM

I am working as physiotherapist in Shalby hospital ahmedabad for 4 years. I have passed out from Rajiv gandhi university of health and sciences Bangalore. I want to apply for Newzealand physiotherapy board registration so anyone there from India who got registered as physiotherapist in new zealand please help me.

Arun: 10 May : 12:36 AM

Hi Priyank, welcome. Feel free to go through these forum threads returned by search [link]

Priyank: 09 May : 10:28 PM

Hi..need advice. What are the options in Australia after MPT?

Arun: 04 Mar : 02:01 AM

Happy birthday Boopathi and somasimple

Forums

Moderators: Arun, Boopathi, Robin, Diana, AJIN, MDK-Physio
Author Post
Sun Jul 31 2011, 12:10PM
Kalpit Bhatt
Registered Member #3154
Hello there....
I am a bachelor of Physiotherapy in india. I want to do my masters in USA. I want to know which masters course will help me to be eligible for NPTE??? or I can be eligible with my bachelor's credits+any short duration credit course???
Please Reply....

Tue Aug 02 2011, 06:24PM
Robin
Keep looking around. There's always something you've missed.

Registered Member #4

Kalpit, eligibility for NPTE varies from state to state. While most of the states regulates that one to sit for NPTE, he must have a minimum entry level education in PT equivalent to a Masters in PT. Some states still accepts a Bachelors in PT for one to sit for NPTE.
There are quite few Master degree courses which might interest PTs in the US like Masters in exercise science, Masters in Kinesiology, Masters in exercise physiology, Masters in sports medicine etc., other than Masters in PT. The problem though will be, whether these courses be considered eligible or equivalent to Masters in PT in those particular states where MPT is the minimum level education needed to sit for NPTE. Most of the time they are not considered to be equivalent. But the best possible thing to do when one have to choose such courses, will be to inquire with the particular state PT board where one intends to sit for NPTE , whether they would approve this to be equivalent and eligible for one to sit for the exam.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF