Welcome

Username:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]

Chatbox

You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

physicaltherapy: 05 Feb : 06:54 pm

Is there anyone who has gone through CWT6 or type 1 evaluation with FCCPT?
If so, kindly let me know from where can the following deficiencies be fulfilled?
1. History
2. Systems Review
3. Findings that warrant referral
4. Supervision of support staff
5. Documentation

nani: 28 Sep : 04:31 am

plz pleasec tell me where to do phd in india

Nikhilphysio: 02 Jun : 03:55 am

I am working as physiotherapist in Shalby hospital ahmedabad for 4 years. I have passed out from Rajiv gandhi university of health and sciences Bangalore. I want to apply for Newzealand physiotherapy board registration so anyone there from India who got registered as physiotherapist in new zealand please help me.

Arun: 10 May : 12:36 am

Hi Priyank, welcome. Feel free to go through these forum threads returned by search [link]

Priyank: 09 May : 10:28 pm

Hi..need advice. What are the options in Australia after MPT?

Forums

Moderators: Arun, Boopathi, Robin, baskar, AJIN, MDK-Physio
Author Post
Tue Jun 21 2011, 05:01pm
Robin
Keep looking around. There's always something you've missed.

Registered Member #4
ORTOLANI CLICK TEST :
Patient position : Supine
PT position : At the side or caudal end of the patient.
Test : The examiner holds patient's leg to be assessed at the knee and flexes the hip, then abducts and externally rotates the patient's hip
Sign/Interpretation : A click at the hip indicates congenital hip dislocation
Video description :

Wed Jun 22 2011, 04:08pm
Robin

Registered Member #4

BARLOW TEST:

Patient position : Supine lying
PT position : At the side or at the caudal end of the patient
Test : Patients' hip is flexed to 90 degree and knee fully flexed.The examiner uses one hand to hold the distal thigh/ or the knee of the side to be assessed such a way that the middle finger is placed over the greater trochanter while thumb is adjacent to the medial side of thigh proximal to knee, and uses the other hand to stabilise the other leg. The hip is then moved into abduction while simultaneously applyin pressure over the greater trochanter. The examiner then applies posterior and lateral pressure on medial side of the thigh with the thumb
Sign/Interpretation : Slipping of the femoral head over the posterior lip of the acetabulum and then reduces again when the pressure is removed indicates unstable hip joint.
Video description :

Sun Jun 26 2011, 04:43pm
Robin

Registered Member #4

ALLIS TEST:

Patient position : Supine lying
PT position : At the side
Test : The examiner flexes the patient's knees and hips with feet flat on the table and observes the height of both knee
Sign/Interpretation : If one knee is higher than the other, it could indicate congenital hip dislocation.

Wed Jun 29 2011, 05:57am
Robin

Registered Member #4

TELESCOPING TEST:

Patient position : Lying supine
PT position : At the side or the caudal end of the patient
Test : The examiner holds the patient's proximal tibiofibula, flexes the knee and hip to 90degree and pushes the femur towards the table. The examiner then lifts the femur and leg up from the table. Test is repeated on the other leg too.
Sign/Interpretation : increased movement in one hip relative to the other suggests dislocated hip.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF