Welcome

Username:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]

Chatbox

You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

nani: 28 Sep : 04:31 AM

plz pleasec tell me where to do phd in india

Nikhilphysio: 02 Jun : 03:55 AM

I am working as physiotherapist in Shalby hospital ahmedabad for 4 years. I have passed out from Rajiv gandhi university of health and sciences Bangalore. I want to apply for Newzealand physiotherapy board registration so anyone there from India who got registered as physiotherapist in new zealand please help me.

Arun: 10 May : 12:36 AM

Hi Priyank, welcome. Feel free to go through these forum threads returned by search [link]

Priyank: 09 May : 10:28 PM

Hi..need advice. What are the options in Australia after MPT?

Arun: 04 Mar : 02:01 AM

Happy birthday Boopathi and somasimple

Forums

Physioblasts.Org - India's collaborative physiotherapy community & free learning portal :: Forums :: Community Forum :: Study Abroad

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>

Top Physical Therapy schools in the US in 2010

Moderators: Arun, Boopathi, Robin, Diana, AJIN, MDK-Physio
Author Post
Tue Oct 19 2010, 07:38PM
Robin
Keep looking around. There's always something you've missed.

Registered Member #4

America based news portal, U.S. News, each year ranks professional-school programs in business, education, engineering, law, and medicine. These rankings are based on two types of data: expert opinions about program quality and statistical indicators that measure the quality of a school's faculty, research, and students. These data come from surveys of more than 1,200 programs and some 12,400 academics and professionals. The ranking judges the academic quality of programs in their field on a scale of 1 ("marginal") to 5 ("outstanding"). And here is the list of PT schools in the US according to their survey:
Rank College name Score
1 University of Southern California Los Angeles, CA 4.4
2 University of PittsburghPittsburgh , PA 4.3
2 Washington University in St. Louis St. Louis, MO 4.3
4 University of Delaware Newark, DE 4.2
5 US Army-Baylor UniversityFort Sam Houston, TX 3.9
5 University of Iowa Iowa City, IA 3.9
7 Arcadia University Glenside, PA 3.8
7 MGH Institute of Health Professions Boston, MA 3.8
7 Northwestern UniversityChicago, IL 3.8
7 University of Miami Coral Gables, FL 3.8
11 Emory University Atlanta, GA 3.7
11 University of North Carolina--Chapel Hill Chapel Hill, NC 3.7
13 Duke University Durham, NC 3.6
13 University of California--San Francisco/San Francisco State University San Francisco, CA3.6
15 New York University New York, NY 3.5
15 University of Florida Gainesville, FL 3.5
15 University of Illinois--ChicagoChicago, IL 3.5
15 University of Maryland--Baltimore Baltimore, MD 3.5
19 Creighton University Omaha, NE 3.4
19 Marquette University Milwaukee, WI 3.4
19 Ohio State University Columbus, OH 3.4
19 University of Minnesota--Twin Cities Minneapolis, MN 3.4
19 University of Utah Salt Lake City, UT 3.4
24 Boston University Boston, MA 3.3
24 Texas Woman's UniversityDenton, TX 3.3
24 University of Kansas Medical Center Kansas City, KS 3.3
24 University of Texas Medical Branch--Galveston Galveston, TX 3.3
24 Virginia Commonwealth University Richmond, VA 3.3
29 Northern Arizona UniversityFlagstaff, AZ 3.2
29 Regis University Denver, CO 3.2
29 University of Alabama--Birmingham Birmingham, AL 3.2
29 University of WashingtonSeattle, WA 3.2
33 Columbia University New York, NY 3.1
33 Mayo School of Health Related Sciences Rochester, MN 3.1
33 University of Colorado--DenverAurora, CO 3.1
33 University of Nebraska Medical Center Omaha, NE 3.1
33 University of Wisconsin--Madison Madison, WI 3.1
38 University of KentuckyLexington, KY 3.0
38 University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center Oklahoma City, OK 3.0
38 University of Wisconsin--La Crosse La Crosse, WI 3.0
41 Ithaca College Ithaca, NY 2.9
41 Ohio University Athens, OH 2.9
41 Simmons College Boston, MA 2.9
41 St. Louis University St. Louis, MO 2.9
41 Temple University Philadelphia, PA 2.9
41 University of Central ArkansasConway, AR 2.9
41 University of IndianapolisIndianapolis, IN 2.9
41 University of Montana--Missoula Missoula, MT 2.9
41 University of Tennessee Health Science Center Memphis, TN 2.9
41 University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center--Dallas Dallas, TX 2.9

Wed Oct 20 2010, 12:11AM
drkunj4u
Registered Member #2910

does dis colg provide masters course too in PT

Wed Oct 20 2010, 08:16AM
AJIN
DR. (PT)
Registered Member #223

Great list, Robin thanks.
will be good for students who want to apply for their studies.

Fri Oct 22 2010, 11:33AM
Robin

Registered Member #4

'13. University of California--San Francisco/San Francisco State University San Francisco, CA: 3.6' on the list provides Masters in PT as per the information available.
Address:
UCSF/SFSU Graduate Program in Physical Therapy
Dept of Physical Therapy and Rehab Science
University of California, San Francisco
1318 7th Avenue, Box 0736
San Francisco, CA 94143-0736
Phone: (415)476-3147
Fax: (415)502-0323
Web Address:
www.ptrehab.medschool.ucsf.edu/Education/
www.sfsu.edu
Program E-mail: [email]
And for the list of those colleges offering MPT in the US which though is not featured on the top colleges, one may take this link here to our thread: http://www.physioblasts.org/p/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?6140.last

[ Edited Fri Oct 22 2010, 11:47AM ]

Tue Nov 02 2010, 07:33AM
piyush jaiswal
Registered Member #2919

robin sir, this year's august i m finished with my BPT internship, and i'm running my own clinic, and i was interested to do masters in us, am i also eligible for DPT ?, what should i do? shall i prepare for TOEFL and GRE for masters, or for DPT, as i my aim will be to get us physical therapy license, which option will be good for me? i also talked to CIIS institute which is in punjab, they conduct IBP program for making our studies substantially equal, they have tie up with HDS(us agency), which option would be good for me, i'm confused

Tue Nov 02 2010, 09:00AM
Robin

Registered Member #4

piyush jaiswal wrote ...
robin sir, this year's august i m finished with my BPT internship, and i'm running my own clinic,

Congrats and welcome to the world of professional PT's and wishing you the best!

piyush jaiswal wrote ...
and i was interested to do masters in us, am i also eligible for DPT ?, what should i do? shall i prepare for TOEFL and GRE for masters, or for DPT,
Piyush, as per information available to me, there are few institutions which still does offer Masters program for PT in the US. Doing Masters will help you to apply for License in many US states where the minimum educational requirement is Masters in PT. And for admission you would need TOEFL and GRE.
There is both DPT programs as well as T-DPT programs( for those who already have an entry level education in PT, which will include those who have BPT, MPT). Usually most of the DPT programs needs a US PT license as one of the requirement. But have heard that there are few universities which does offer to those who do not have a License. And i still is not able to confirm whether that waiver is for DPT or T-DPT( transitional DPT) And I guess u can opt for T-DPT if a US PT License is not one of the requirement.
piyush jaiswal wrote ...
 as i my aim will be to get us physical therapy license, which option will be good for me?
  • As per with u'r present educational qualifications you can apply for few states which require only Bachelors level education in PT like Newyork  and few more if u can cover your general credit deficiencies.
  • If not you can do MPT in India and then look to apply to more states but still one might require to cover the general credit deficiencies.
  • Or by doing MPT in the US u can be eligible for an H1b visa which has special reservations for those who hold a Masters degree form the US.
  • One might be able apply for License in Newyork while doing Masters or T- DPT(if that is possible) in the US.
I guess you would be helped by more suggestions from other members here as well.
piyush jaiswal wrote ...
i also talked to CIIS institute which is in punjab, they conduct IBP program for making our studies substantially equal, they have tie up with HDS(us agency)
Many would be thankful to you if you could share more information about this program you r mentioning about. Kindly share informations like the duration, number of credits covered, total cost, type of curriculum-distant/regular/evening etc. If it is easy to cover general credits form there I would suggest one to do that and apply for a US License to those states which require only Bachelors level program in PT if a job is the present priority over higher education. Kindly add details if possible about the IBP program as a new thread here. Thank You.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF