Welcome

Username:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]

Chatbox

You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

physicaltherapy: 05 Feb : 06:54 pm

Is there anyone who has gone through CWT6 or type 1 evaluation with FCCPT?
If so, kindly let me know from where can the following deficiencies be fulfilled?
1. History
2. Systems Review
3. Findings that warrant referral
4. Supervision of support staff
5. Documentation

nani: 28 Sep : 04:31 am

plz pleasec tell me where to do phd in india

Nikhilphysio: 02 Jun : 03:55 am

I am working as physiotherapist in Shalby hospital ahmedabad for 4 years. I have passed out from Rajiv gandhi university of health and sciences Bangalore. I want to apply for Newzealand physiotherapy board registration so anyone there from India who got registered as physiotherapist in new zealand please help me.

Arun: 10 May : 12:36 am

Hi Priyank, welcome. Feel free to go through these forum threads returned by search [link]

Priyank: 09 May : 10:28 pm

Hi..need advice. What are the options in Australia after MPT?

Forums

Physioblasts.Org - India's collaborative physiotherapy community & free learning portal :: Forums :: General Forum :: PhysioWorld News

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>

FSBPT Suspends NPTE Examination for All Graduates of Egypt, India, Pakistan and the Philippines

Go to page  1 [2]
Moderators: Arun, Boopathi, Robin, Diana
Author Post
Sat Aug 14 2010, 03:04pm
Robin
Keep looking around. There's always something you've missed.

Registered Member #4

it also was mailed to media centers including:
press trust of India
American public media
new america media
media matters
American lawyer.com
American abroad media
weekly world news
i want media.org
reuters
united press international
newyork times/international herald tribune
usatoday.com
abc news
indiawest.com
hindustan times
free india media.com
goodnewsindia.com
tehelka
zeenews
Asian age
the hindu
navabharat
newsindia-times
india times
indiatoday
the week
the voice of millions.

Sat Aug 28 2010, 08:05pm
Robin

Registered Member #4

The same had been forwarded further to the APTA and few media centers including :

cnn
foxnews
huffingtonpost.com
msnbc.com
cbsnews
usatoday
krgv.com
brownsville herald
kveo news
Valley central.com
valleymorning star
examiner.com

Sat Aug 28 2010, 08:11pm
Robin

Registered Member #4

Few media centers have replied back saying they would consider the news if found good enough. The Congressmen have said that they will go through the problem and respond. IAP President have responded saying they are already considering the situation. I havent found many Indian therapists responding to the situation though there had been overwhelming support and actions for the same from the Philipino PT community and the government.

Sun Aug 29 2010, 12:41am
Arun
May I help you?

Registered Member #1

Our sites analytical data shows that deluging amount of searches are made on 'FSBPT' recently from India but we could find little reactions to it on the internet.

Thank you for updates Robin.

Sat Sep 11 2010, 06:34am
Robin

Registered Member #4

Oh yes, it is not that Indian PT's are aware of the issue, but then an action is lacking.

Mon Sep 13 2010, 08:58pm
Robin

Registered Member #4

The issue was raised in Lok Sabha during last week of august and the HRD ministry replied that it have asked Indian missions in the US to take up with the matter. No further details is known.
It is also understood that few organisations too have joined in to write to FSBPT about the matter including IAP.
There is also not much update regarding the Filipino governments supposed meeting with the US authorities. I myself is in the process of setting up a personal meeting with the local congressman.

Wed Sep 15 2010, 05:04am
Arun
May I help you?

Registered Member #1

Good to know that, Robin. Do keep us updated.

Thu Sep 16 2010, 10:51am
Robin

Registered Member #4

I went to US congressman Solomon P Ortiz's office today. Though i couldnt meet him in person since he was not available at the office, I did explain the situation to the Staff in charge. He did verify the situation my going to FSBPT website and also made a call to their office.
His view is that the Board is an independant agency and cannot be done much through his office though he still can help find a way through this matter. He has taken my application and said will get in touch back in a day or two updating about the matter.

Thu Sep 30 2010, 11:01am
Robin

Registered Member #4

As was expected, FSBPT came out with their update about the NPTE yrly exam this thursday[30th sept]. The update was though more than expected with the Board deciding to conduct the NPTE yrly twice a year for 2011 and 2012 atleast. The schedule for the exam process and timeline have been set in advance except for the fee details. This update is for sure putting on a smile on a lot of PT's who were affected by the Board action earlier.
The FSBPT website have updated the information as:
The NPTE-i (formerly NPTE-YRLY) will be offered twice in 2011 for PT candidates: May and December. The NPTE-i is the alternative form of the National Physical Therapy Examination that is designated for candidates who received their first professional degree from Egypt, India, Pakistan or the Philippines (restricted countries). The creation of the NPTE-i was a result of pervasive, ongoing security breaches by significant numbers of graduates of physical therapy schools from the restricted countries.

The NPTE-i will be like all the other forms of the NPTE. The PT version will be 250 items and candidates will have five hours to complete the exam. The NPTE-i will provide a fair assessment of entry-level competence. It is being prepared using the same review procedures and will adhere to all of the same quality standards that apply to all other NPTE forms.

Plans for exam administration for 2012 for candidates in the restricted groups will be announced in 2011 but it is worth noting that the goal of FSBPT is to offer the NPTE-i at least twice during 2012.

SCHEDULE DETAILS
PT – May 2011
General Information
Test Date – May 25, 2011
Fee – To be announced
Locations – All 50 states in the US, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands
Detailed Schedule
November 1, 2010 – Registration opens with FSBPT
November 8, 2010 – Scheduling opens with Prometric
February 22, 2011 – Registration closes
March 15, 2011 – Last date for jurisdictions to approve PT candidates for NPTE-i
April 1, 2011 – Last date for candidates to schedule with Prometric
May 25, 2011 – TEST DATE NPTE-i PT
June 8, 2011 – Scores reported to jurisdictions
PT – December 2011 (Dates to be confirmed)
General Information
Test Date – December 5, 2011
Fee – To be announced
Locations – All 50 states in the US, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands
Detailed Schedule
June 1, 2011 – Registration opens with FSBPT
June 1, 2011 – Scheduling opens with Prometric
September 25, 2011 – Registration closes
October 15, 2011 – Last date for jurisdictions to approve PT candidates for NPTE-i
November 1, 2011 – Last date for candidates to schedule with Prometric
December 5, 2011 –TEST DATE NPTE-i PT
December 19, 2011 – Scores reported to jurisdictions.
Their website can be reached through [link]

Go to page  1 [2]  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF