Welcome

Username:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]

Chatbox

You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

physicaltherapy: 05 Feb : 06:54 pm

Is there anyone who has gone through CWT6 or type 1 evaluation with FCCPT?
If so, kindly let me know from where can the following deficiencies be fulfilled?
1. History
2. Systems Review
3. Findings that warrant referral
4. Supervision of support staff
5. Documentation

nani: 28 Sep : 04:31 am

plz pleasec tell me where to do phd in india

Nikhilphysio: 02 Jun : 03:55 am

I am working as physiotherapist in Shalby hospital ahmedabad for 4 years. I have passed out from Rajiv gandhi university of health and sciences Bangalore. I want to apply for Newzealand physiotherapy board registration so anyone there from India who got registered as physiotherapist in new zealand please help me.

Arun: 10 May : 12:36 am

Hi Priyank, welcome. Feel free to go through these forum threads returned by search [link]

Priyank: 09 May : 10:28 pm

Hi..need advice. What are the options in Australia after MPT?

Forums

Go to page  [1] 2 3
Moderators: Arun, Boopathi, Robin, Diana, AJIN, MDK-Physio
Author Post
Sat Oct 03 2009, 01:11pm
garry
Registered Member #2666
Hi, 

I am studying my masters in physiotherapy from India (RGUHS) and I'd like to know how many credits (professional and general approx.) will I get after applying for credential evaluation post MPT

Thanks in advance

Sun Oct 04 2009, 09:46pm
Robin
Keep looking around. There's always something you've missed.

Registered Member #4

Hi Garry.. I doubt whether it is going to alter u'r general credit score in anyway.

Sun Oct 04 2009, 10:25pm
garry
Registered Member #2666

hi robin,

thanx for posting a reply,I know that for sure that my general credits wont be altered post-MPT.What i meant to ask was how many credits will i get post MPT (approx) so that i have an idea about,how many i have to cover up?One more information i wud like to get is that do we need to apply for H1b or any other visa & does that H1b follow the same cycle as for the techies i.e. gets applied in march and is valid from october.

thnx
garry

Mon Oct 05 2009, 09:19am
Robin

Registered Member #4

I'm not sure how much professional credits U might get, but U may use a link in this discussion topic we had earlier [link] where u can understand how credits are calculated and then may be u can use u'r MPT syllabus and calculate a possible score. But then is our professional credits found wanting in any states of US ? And i dont think U might have to take any supplementary courses in PT to cover up any professional credits.
 Ofcourse one needs to apply for a work visa (H1B) to move from here to US for a work unless u have been already sponsored for a family visa. For H1B, u need to keep the papers ready  with a sponsor in hand by february or march so that he may file by April.

Wed Oct 07 2009, 10:04am
garry
Registered Member #2666

thnx robin

if anyone has got a credential evaluation done off late,plz give me an idea about how many credits u got post-MPT.

thnx
garry

Fri Oct 09 2009, 08:45am
Robin

Registered Member #4

Garry..as U might be knowing it mostly will depend upon u'r syllabus/coursework U w'ld be submitting for the evaluation. I remember vaguely reading somewhere that usually one semester equals to around 16 credits at an average for MPT. I hope someone who already had done the evaluation post MPT might help u with some information.

[ Edited Fri Oct 09 2009, 08:49am ]

Fri Oct 09 2009, 11:21am
garry
Registered Member #2666

thnx again robin,

ya definetly,That as some info i was looking for,but to be sure i guess i'll have to direct this question to someone who has got credential evaluation done before.

regards
garry

Fri Oct 09 2009, 08:24pm
Robin

Registered Member #4

That would be more easy, but incase if u dint find some response, u may take a rough calculation u'rself, Garry. A semester credit hour must include at a minimum: 15 hours of lecture, or 30 hours of laboratory, or 48 hours of clinical education.

Tue Oct 13 2009, 02:44pm
garry
Registered Member #2666

hey robin,

I am thru with the info.i'll have to gain more general credits bcuz most states require 90 professional and 60 general credits.one more thing i'd like to ask you is that i would be completing my MPT in may next year.I am in US rite now for vacation,my husband is based here.I would like to knw if thrs a reliable company that u knw of which sponsors H1B for indian physiotherapists also have u heard about nursesusa?

in anticipation
garry

Wed Oct 14 2009, 10:00am
Robin

Registered Member #4

Ah.. we cant really rely 100% on any recruiters as we never know wether they would go ahead and file for U, even if they promise to. But U would look too pretty for any recruiter since u already have U'r hubby right over there so that they would have to spend less on U'r accommodation and other related expenses once they succed in bringing u over there, also since u might have the NPTE cleared all by U'rself.
     My take on the matter wil be like..U finish the Masters, take the credential evaluation then apply for the state board license and take the NPTE. With these ready, any hospital woudl be ready to file for U, if not, every recruiter wil be more than happy to file for U, Garry.
     I also think U should look out for any options if possible to change u'r visa status once u have the professional requirements ready if u r already there not on a visiting visa( I'm not sure wether that is a plan which wil workout, but stil u may like to look at that option too.) There are many famous recruiting companies, dont worry about it, even on our site there had been quite few links on the forums. And may be with NPTE cleared and the state board license ready, U may be able to bargain u'r remuneration too with recuiters..he he..!

[ Edited Wed Oct 14 2009, 10:07am ]

Go to page  [1] 2 3  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF