Welcome

Username:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]

Chatbox

You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

physicaltherapy: 05 Feb : 06:54 pm

Is there anyone who has gone through CWT6 or type 1 evaluation with FCCPT?
If so, kindly let me know from where can the following deficiencies be fulfilled?
1. History
2. Systems Review
3. Findings that warrant referral
4. Supervision of support staff
5. Documentation

nani: 28 Sep : 04:31 am

plz pleasec tell me where to do phd in india

Nikhilphysio: 02 Jun : 03:55 am

I am working as physiotherapist in Shalby hospital ahmedabad for 4 years. I have passed out from Rajiv gandhi university of health and sciences Bangalore. I want to apply for Newzealand physiotherapy board registration so anyone there from India who got registered as physiotherapist in new zealand please help me.

Arun: 10 May : 12:36 am

Hi Priyank, welcome. Feel free to go through these forum threads returned by search [link]

Priyank: 09 May : 10:28 pm

Hi..need advice. What are the options in Australia after MPT?

Forums

Go to page  [1] 2
Moderators: Arun, Boopathi, Robin, Diana
Author Post
Mon Nov 24 2008, 05:05am
praveeni12
Registered Member #197
Kerala govt: has silently  introduced this bill while everybody was busy looking for an Indian Physiotherapy council.
The information appeared in leading dailies in Kerala on saturday.There were not much details given in the news but it was asking all phyio's to register under it along with the technicians in medical field . I am attaching the application form for registration so that everybody can take a look. Don't know if already passed out guys have to register. Pls inform if anybody knows the details .

application_form_for_registration.pdf

Mon Nov 24 2008, 08:20am
Robin
Keep looking around. There's always something you've missed.

Registered Member #4

Thnks Praveen for bringin this to notice. Yes this indeed is somthin to be looked into very urgently.

Mon Nov 24 2008, 08:28am
Arun
May I help you?

Registered Member #1

I have attached 'The Kerala Paramedical Council Bill, 2007' as published on Kerala Gazette no. 25 in the year 2007.

The original bill as you can see does not depict anything about Physiotherapist in it. I suspect if there was a committee formed for the drafting of this bill and whether public and stake holders views/openions/suggestion was saught/considered anytime before passing it to an act in the legislative assembly.

Looking forward for your views.

the_kerala_paramedical_council_bill__2007.pdf

Tue Nov 25 2008, 08:33am
Robin

Registered Member #4

U r right, Arun. There wasnt any talk on PT being included into thsi council earlier, but a surprise inclusion now! That leads to a lot of speculation and for sure not much opinions from PT's or public woudl have been taken into account before formulatin this.
A lot of things needs to be discussed abut !

Wed Nov 26 2008, 01:14am
praveeni12
Registered Member #197

Hai guys, Is it possible to formulate a bill without the concern of the community for whose benifit this law is brought?Other than the Physiatrist onboard if we have any physio's in it?By this bill the Council intends to create physio's who can work under the orders of physiatrist and not independently who will Kerala oriented physio's.To me other use of the bill is creating jobs for physiatrist because the bill says that in a college the physiotherapy should be under a ortho dept and physiatrist should be the head etc. Unless we do soemthing they will make every new pass out to be registered from the college itself and such physio's will be considered for govt: jobs above others. Meanwhile they had reduced the course period to 4 years from 4 and half as seen on the Kerala para medical council website.

They had also tried to reduce our syllabus and avoid pharmacy etc being taught. I hope the IAP kerala chapter members look into this and act unitedly against this menace.AS it is always better to approch the concerned authorities under the umbrella of some organisation than individually .I have seen some district IAP chapters as the members of Physioblasts.So they may notice this thread and reply.

Wed Nov 26 2008, 01:30am
Arun
May I help you?

Registered Member #1

Praveen,
I see you mention about the Kerala Paramedical website which one is it. Kindly share the URL for everyone to see. My attempt to find it with Google was unsuccessful.

Which is the source of the information that you share here based on?

Wed Nov 26 2008, 06:45am
Arun
May I help you?

Registered Member #1

praveeni12 wrote ...
By this bill the Council intends to create physio's who can work under the orders of physiatrist and not independently who will Kerala oriented physio's.To me other use of the bill is creating jobs for physiatrist because the bill says that in a college the physiotherapy should be under a ortho dept and physiatrist should be the head etc.

Meanwhile they had reduced the course period to 4 years from 4 and half as seen on the Kerala para medical council website.

They had also tried to reduce our syllabus and avoid pharmacy etc being taught.

Praveen,
I don't know based on which sources you are saying this. But I feel that once the central council for PTs come into effect the purposefully drafted norms on this state council bill will become null because the former is brought in to address the issue of disparity in the job profile between states and make uniform standards for the profession across the country. I'm not saying that we don't have to react to the situation, we surely do. Looking forward for more inputs and clarifications.

[ Edited Wed Nov 26 2008, 06:47am ]

Wed Nov 26 2008, 09:30am
Arun
May I help you?

Registered Member #1

Never mind about the site URL Praveen I found it. Here is it for others who wish to look at - [link]

But apart from that application form I don't see any mention of Physiotherapists anywhere else on the website as well.

Thu Nov 27 2008, 07:39am
Robin

Registered Member #4

Arun wrote ...

But I feel that once the central council for PTs come into effect the purposefully drafted norms on this state council bill will become null.

U r right Arun, but i dont find anything positive from the reports from the standing committee which is almost done discussin abut the ' Paramedical and Physiotherapy Bill '. This coudl lead to more serious issues not just in any particular state but all over the country regarding the PT practice. Though there r many advantages , those few disadvantages are such that it we dont gain much out of it.

Sun Nov 30 2008, 06:09am
HARDIK
SPANDAN PHYSIO POINT,ANJAR
Registered Member #1023

thanx praveene for information.main thing that v have to see is that what the centre govt. is doing in central counsil bill.

Go to page  [1] 2  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF