Welcome

Username:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]

Chatbox

You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

physicaltherapy: 05 Feb : 06:54 pm

Is there anyone who has gone through CWT6 or type 1 evaluation with FCCPT?
If so, kindly let me know from where can the following deficiencies be fulfilled?
1. History
2. Systems Review
3. Findings that warrant referral
4. Supervision of support staff
5. Documentation

nani: 28 Sep : 04:31 am

plz pleasec tell me where to do phd in india

Nikhilphysio: 02 Jun : 03:55 am

I am working as physiotherapist in Shalby hospital ahmedabad for 4 years. I have passed out from Rajiv gandhi university of health and sciences Bangalore. I want to apply for Newzealand physiotherapy board registration so anyone there from India who got registered as physiotherapist in new zealand please help me.

Arun: 10 May : 12:36 am

Hi Priyank, welcome. Feel free to go through these forum threads returned by search [link]

Priyank: 09 May : 10:28 pm

Hi..need advice. What are the options in Australia after MPT?

Forums

Moderators: Arun, Boopathi, Robin, baskar, AJIN, MDK-Physio
Author Post
Wed Sep 10 2008, 06:46am
ayir
Registered Member #1091
post this operation (after MVR, DVR, AVR, TOF, CABG ETC)
ARE THE FOLLOwing allowed?

1 mechanical vibrator on anterior chest (if so then hw many days later)
2 sidelying (if so for hw many minutes and if not why)

can you suggest a good site for post median sternotomy pt guidelines. 

Thu Sep 11 2008, 10:26am
HARDIK
SPANDAN PHYSIO POINT,ANJAR
Registered Member #1023

hi riya it's not a fix time for every pt.y u want to vibrate ant chest?u should avoid sternum and crondo sternal junction for vibration otherwise u can give.for side lying u can ask pt's surgeon as every pt's condition is not same..

Sat Sep 13 2008, 09:57am
Robin
Keep looking around. There's always something you've missed.

Registered Member #4

Mechanical vibrator will be a no no for first 3 weeks atleast or until the surgeon prefers. Ajin could have helped u with a more precise regime for the same i guess..do u hear this, Ajin?

Thu Sep 18 2008, 06:04am
AJIN
DR. (PT)
Registered Member #223

FIRSTLY, MECHANICAL VIBRATORS ON CHEST IS LIKE RBIN SAID A NO NO FOR FIRST 2-3 WEEKS, AND AFTER THAT I DONT THINK THERE IS ANY REQUIREMENT FOR IT...
SECONDLY, IF SIDELYING CAN BE GIVEN.......DEPENDS ON THE SURGEON,...I THINK FOR THE FIRST DAY....ITS BETTER NOT TO HAVE PATIENT GO ONTO SIDELYING BUT AFFTER A FEW DAYS THE PATIENT WILL AS IT IS START TO TURN ON SIDES EVEN THOUGH YOU MAY OR MAYNOT ADVISE IT.......

SOME TO READ ON......
[link]

[link]

Thu Sep 18 2008, 06:52am
ayir
Registered Member #1091

the reason for asking this was that i am giving mechanical vibrator (only to patient with lot of secretions rest only percussions) after sternotomy postop day2 onwards. not exactly on incision but yes on anterior chest. the patient was on ventilator so only partial sidelying could be done and no sitting. i was told the bony sutures are really strong.

Fri Sep 19 2008, 09:39am
HARDIK
SPANDAN PHYSIO POINT,ANJAR
Registered Member #1023

hi evry1 v were also train to give vibrator from 2nd day in c.a.b.g pt's.i have given to many 1 and there was no problem to pt's at all....

Fri Sep 19 2008, 09:50am
Robin
Keep looking around. There's always something you've missed.

Registered Member #4

Good to hear that, Riya and Hardik. Such informations always helps.

Sat Aug 14 2010, 03:31pm
Divya Jain
Registered Member #2841

hello everyone, we also used to give mechanical vibrator to almost all Post op Cardiac sugery patients but depending on the condition of the patient ...and no complcation was found yet .. is there any evidence which says "no mechanical vibrator till 2-3 weeks" ? I am keen to know about it .. Thanks

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF