Welcome

Username:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]

Chatbox

You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

physicaltherapy: 05 Feb : 06:54 pm

Is there anyone who has gone through CWT6 or type 1 evaluation with FCCPT?
If so, kindly let me know from where can the following deficiencies be fulfilled?
1. History
2. Systems Review
3. Findings that warrant referral
4. Supervision of support staff
5. Documentation

nani: 28 Sep : 04:31 am

plz pleasec tell me where to do phd in india

Nikhilphysio: 02 Jun : 03:55 am

I am working as physiotherapist in Shalby hospital ahmedabad for 4 years. I have passed out from Rajiv gandhi university of health and sciences Bangalore. I want to apply for Newzealand physiotherapy board registration so anyone there from India who got registered as physiotherapist in new zealand please help me.

Arun: 10 May : 12:36 am

Hi Priyank, welcome. Feel free to go through these forum threads returned by search [link]

Priyank: 09 May : 10:28 pm

Hi..need advice. What are the options in Australia after MPT?

Forums

Go to page  [1] 2
Moderators: Arun, Boopathi, Robin, Diana
Author Post
Tue Jun 03 2008, 05:30am
binmath
Registered Member #607
hi friends
there is a 1 month old baby with erb's palsy visiting our OPD.a suggestion came of giving electrical stimulation.i searched but couln't get much info .it says stimulation should be given via mother completing the circuit.since the descirption is too vague,i need a clear explanation regarding the elctrode placement and other relevant info
thanks in advance

Tue Jun 03 2008, 10:06am
Robin
Keep looking around. There's always something you've missed.

Registered Member #4

Binmath, try going thru this forum here at our site and see a technique described by our member Anadi.. i think it shoudl help u [link] .

Tue Jun 03 2008, 01:21pm
goodone
Registered Member #2229

Hi, your name sounds familiar, just wondering if you studied in Pondy?

Tue Jun 03 2008, 07:45pm
binmath
Registered Member #607

hi robin
thanks for the reply.actually i read all the posts related to erb's in this site before putting up my query.right now ,i mean since i week i am giving stimulation via my fingers.

Wed Jun 04 2008, 08:31am
Robin

Registered Member #4

oh fine Binmath..and how do u feel stimulatin thru u'r fingers ? how much effective and comfortable is it ?
and Goodone, whom did u mean ?

Wed Jun 04 2008, 11:57am
goodone
Registered Member #2229

I meant binmath. Thanks

Wed Jun 04 2008, 12:05pm
goodone
Registered Member #2229

Also I'm a PT, just my 2 cents about the patient... the patient being an infant, it might be a better option to try pnf techniques, like quick stretch, , stimulating techniques, ice,tapping, etc, etc, etc. ( search the web, refer books) even though you're doing the stimulation with your finger, the baby may perceive the current at a different intensity, moreover, as with most cases of bell's palsy, as PTs we are treating the symptoms, and our primary duty is to keep the muscles from being wasted, while the actual "cause" is being treated and corrected. most of the times in such young babies, even a small amount of sti mulation will go to a large extent, and most manual pnf techniques for stimulation can be done very gently using your fingers, at the same motor points you use for stimulation, also since the baby is just one month old, you can suggest the usual method of taping ( u can use tapes that hospitals use for babies, safe for their skin ( of course ask mother to chek the skin for redness, etc... and stop it if there is adverse reaction), you can demonstrate to the mother the massage, and passive excercise techniques that she can do, as Im sure the baby enjoys the mom's touch... have the mother demonstarte the techniques..

Also what is the cause of the bell's palsy... was the baby born with it, or is it something new... what is the cause?

Wed Jun 04 2008, 07:59pm
binmath
Registered Member #607

hi goodone
read carefully ,i am not discussing here bell's palsy.

Wed Jun 04 2008, 08:03pm
binmath
Registered Member #607

hi robin
i tried the technique on my friend's hand prior to trying it on the baby.she is not showing ant irritation.i dont think its causing any discomfort as the current is going thru my fingers and i could judge the intensity of current.of course the intensity the child percieving will be a bit less.i feel its better than fiddling with electrodes directly on baby

Wed Jun 04 2008, 09:46pm
Robin

Registered Member #4

Seems liek u mistook ERB'S PALSY to be BELL'S PALSY, Goodone ! And Binmath it's nice to hea that it works fine..i had been using the conventional direct electrode method while stimulatin infants and i dint encounter much a prob as infants skin havent shown much of a resistance to elec current so the intensity used was less and dint cause much discomfort either.

Go to page  [1] 2  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF