Welcome

Username:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]

Chatbox

You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

physicaltherapy: 05 Feb : 06:54 PM

Is there anyone who has gone through CWT6 or type 1 evaluation with FCCPT?
If so, kindly let me know from where can the following deficiencies be fulfilled?
1. History
2. Systems Review
3. Findings that warrant referral
4. Supervision of support staff
5. Documentation

nani: 28 Sep : 04:31 AM

plz pleasec tell me where to do phd in india

Nikhilphysio: 02 Jun : 03:55 AM

I am working as physiotherapist in Shalby hospital ahmedabad for 4 years. I have passed out from Rajiv gandhi university of health and sciences Bangalore. I want to apply for Newzealand physiotherapy board registration so anyone there from India who got registered as physiotherapist in new zealand please help me.

Arun: 10 May : 12:36 AM

Hi Priyank, welcome. Feel free to go through these forum threads returned by search [link]

Priyank: 09 May : 10:28 PM

Hi..need advice. What are the options in Australia after MPT?

Forums

Go to page  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Moderators: Arun, Boopathi, Robin, Diana, AJIN, MDK-Physio
Author Post
Tue Jan 01 2013, 11:15PM
johnyjhny
Registered Member #3850

Hi Robin, i just want to clarify few doubts regarding general gredits of foreign graduates. i got my FCCPT evaluation report few weeks back, they gave me 112/60 in general education and 112.37/90 in professional education, still they asked me to do one course in each; maths , physics and chemistry with lab. my question is is there any state in us which accept on credit basis so that i can apply or else completing this coures is mandatory for all states. responses much appreciated.

Regards
John MCSP

Wed Jan 02 2013, 05:44AM
Robin
Keep looking around. There's always something you've missed.

Registered Member #4

Hello John,
Each state Board look at the eligibility/equivalency report submitted by an evaluating agency rather than going by number of credits as such. Credit numbers and type of credits are established by the FSBPT and is put forth in the CWTs based on which the evaluating agencies makes the call.
If the syllabus or data you provided to the evaluating agency had included proof that you have studied math, physics and chemistry then you can point back to them that you have already covered this subjects. There have been incidents with other evaluating agencies where i know that the evaluator has corrected such mistakes. I have also seen that the same syllabus after being evaluated by different evaluators came out with different reports and the candidates had to take different subjects to satisfy credit requirement.
To sum up, I would say there maybe some luck if you want to try some other evaluating agency. But to keep moving ahead with lesser troubles I would suggest getting those courses done. If you are in the US, these courses is much easy to get thru with, but again you also will have to get papers ready for admission process in time. Its sad to see that despite you having that many credits, you still have to take those extra credits.
Wishing that things would be moving great for you in this new year , John.

Wed Jan 02 2013, 09:17PM
johnyjhny
Registered Member #3850

thanks for your reply Robin. wish you a wonderful new year Robin.

Wed Jan 02 2013, 10:49PM
johnyjhny
Registered Member #3850

Hi Robin, one more doubt, fccpt asked me to do physics and chemistry with lab, for instance if i am taking CLEP for these two, do i need to do the lab seperatley somewhere else.
Regards
John

Wed Apr 17 2013, 03:19AM
snowleopard
Registered Member #3895

Hello everyone,

I am in India right now. I took credit evaluation service from Fccpt. Their review says i have to take 2 courses.
1) Legal and Ethics in PT practice.
2) English.

I ask to fccpt from where i have to take these courses. They ask me to take PLAN-FULL service then only they will tell from where to take courses. Can anyone tell me from where should I take these courses so that i can save some $$. These Fccpt people are not helpful at all. Just for 2 courses i have to spend 450$ and taking course is different.

I have search the college where these course is online and at acceptably low rate.
1) Waubonsee community college: where these courses are at 100$ per credit.
HIT140 - Legal and Ethical issues in Healthcare

I want to ask will these college (especially waubonsee community college) be accepted by fccpt?

Thank you,
Shesha

Wed Apr 17 2013, 07:47AM
Travelingphysio
Registered Member #3407

Snowleopard,

My suggestion is to always enroll in PLAN and keep the 450 in your budget. The reason is there is a re-evaluation fee with FCCPT which you will have to apply for after finishing all the courses elsewhere. That is itself 350 dollars I think. So you will only be paying 100 dollars extra for which you will receive unlimited hours of guidance from them. Another thing is if you do the courses that the PLAN mentor mentions they cant object later, where as if we do anything on our own they may say its not going to cover the deficiency. Thats just my opinion and thats what I would do.

snowleopard wrote ...

Hello everyone,

I am in India right now. I took credit evaluation service from Fccpt. Their review says i have to take 2 courses.
1) Legal and Ethics in PT practice.
2) English.

I ask to fccpt from where i have to take these courses. They ask me to take PLAN-FULL service then only they will tell from where to take courses. Can anyone tell me from where should I take these courses so that i can save some $$. These Fccpt people are not helpful at all. Just for 2 courses i have to spend 450$ and taking course is different.

I have search the college where these course is online and at acceptably low rate.
1) Waubonsee community college: where these courses are at 100$ per credit.
HIT140 - Legal and Ethical issues in Healthcare

I want to ask will these college (especially waubonsee community college) be accepted by fccpt?

Thank you,
Shesha

Wed Apr 17 2013, 07:55AM
Travelingphysio
Registered Member #3407

Hi Friends,

Does anyone know of any place where you can obtain your Physics with Practical and Chemistry with Practical General education credits. I heard about an Institute in Philippines thats offering it now and that FCCPT has no issues with transcripts from them.

Wed Apr 17 2013, 11:19AM
snowleopard
Registered Member #3895

Hi,
Thank you so much for suggestion.

Shesha

Thu Apr 18 2013, 05:34PM
Robin

Registered Member #4

johnyjhny wrote ...
Hi Robin, one more doubt, fccpt asked me to do physics and chemistry with lab, for instance if i am taking CLEP for these two, do i need to do the lab seperatley somewhere else. Regards John
I'm sorry, seems like I missed your post earlier. Hope you are doing good. I do not think there is any oppurtunity to take a lab alone for any subject and add CLEP to it to make up. One will have to do a regular course with lab for that. 

Thu Apr 18 2013, 05:39PM
Robin

Registered Member #4

Travelingphysio wrote ...
Hi Friends, Does anyone know of any place where you can obtain your Physics with Practical and Chemistry with Practical General education credits. I heard about an Institute in Philippines thats offering it now and that FCCPT has no issues with transcripts from them.
Hi TravellingPhysio, hope you are doing good. Both subjects, if with lab, will have to be done through regular study and can be easily enrolled with any university nearby where you are staying, summer classes will be short and easy if u r upto it or can enroll for the longer sessions coming after it.. It will be accepted by FCCPT if it is a recognized university. 

Go to page  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF