Welcome

Username:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]

Chatbox

You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

nani: 28 Sep : 04:31 AM

plz pleasec tell me where to do phd in india

Nikhilphysio: 02 Jun : 03:55 AM

I am working as physiotherapist in Shalby hospital ahmedabad for 4 years. I have passed out from Rajiv gandhi university of health and sciences Bangalore. I want to apply for Newzealand physiotherapy board registration so anyone there from India who got registered as physiotherapist in new zealand please help me.

Arun: 10 May : 12:36 AM

Hi Priyank, welcome. Feel free to go through these forum threads returned by search [link]

Priyank: 09 May : 10:28 PM

Hi..need advice. What are the options in Australia after MPT?

Arun: 04 Mar : 02:01 AM

Happy birthday Boopathi and somasimple

Forums

Moderators: Arun, Boopathi, Robin, baskar, AJIN, MDK-Physio
Author Post
Tue Feb 13 2007, 07:05AM
DR.MUKUL NAGAR
Registered Member #1063
CAN ANYONE TELL ME ABOUT HYDROTHERAPY? AND CONDITIONS WHERE IT IS USE AS A BEST TREATMENT..............

Tue Feb 13 2007, 07:54AM
HARDIK
SPANDAN PHYSIO POINT,ANJAR
Registered Member #1023

Hi mukul it isn't possible to dfscribe whole hydrotherapy from start.u should read about basics from books & try these links
[link]
[link]
[link]
i have not come across practical use of it.so if somee1 is experieced with it can describe more.....

Tue Feb 13 2007, 08:41AM
messi
Registered Member #561

Hydrotherapy is best used in conditions where functional ROM is not obtained easily(ofcourse that could be as a cause of various factors)..It comes all about doing exercises in an Aquatic media..
The exercises have certain rules to be followed upon teaching them or practicing them..
I Teach patients with Knee and back problems exercises inside the pool..also in some conditions Strokes..
I wish if you would elaborate more,Mukul so we can help you..

Wed Feb 14 2007, 07:23AM
Robin
Keep looking around. There's always something you've missed.

Registered Member #4

hydrotherapy in physical therapy basically means using thte properties of water to support or resist movement patterns to gain specific rehabilitation goals. and as the hydrotherapy pool generaly being kept warmer than usual pools, general body relaxation can be aimed by opting hydrotherapy. arthritic patients are generaly asked to undergo hydrotherapy in western rehab centers for thsi pain releif of jnts and helpin in jnt movement ! one might also aim for balance training and coorditaion movements as in early parkinsonism and mild strokes as messi has put it !

Wed Feb 14 2007, 09:48AM
DR.MUKUL NAGAR
Registered Member #1063

thanks gyus! i know the basics of hydrotherapy and my search is on.but here i want to know one think more is there is any diffrence between hydrotherapy in naturopathy & in hydrotherapy of physiotherapy i also don't do any practical of this that why i have confusion about this

Thu Feb 15 2007, 10:10PM
Robin

Registered Member #4

sorry mukul, u'r first query sounded differently makin most of them post the basics in here for u !
   and coming to comparing hydrotherapy in naturopathy and physiotherapy..there is a wide application for it in naturopathy than for us. in addition to what we have for hydrotherapy, they also include moist water packs which can be warm or cold, they have ingestion of water like the nasal irrigations, enema , ear. they have various baths which also uses salts like sulphur, common salt etc . they also stress on drinking water very much !they too follow the whirlpool bath we does. and there is colonic hydrotherapy which i'm not clear about wether naturpathics does !( sorry, i dont think they use waterpools for exercises as we does )

[ Edited Thu Feb 15 2007, 10:12PM ]

Fri Feb 16 2007, 12:40PM
messi
Registered Member #561

I was not familiar with naturopathy.I did a search [link]

Thu Oct 25 2012, 01:10AM
Ankith
Registered Member #3801

Hydrotherapy is a general term for a group of alternative treatments that use water for the relief of various diseases or for cleansing the digestive tract.
Hydrotherapy can strengthen both the individually focused area and the entire body.

Website
Fri Oct 26 2012, 11:33AM
Denny Randulf
Registered Member #3797

Hello All, I am here to know from you all guys that "Is Hypnosis is a reliable way to Lose Weight ?" Or it is simply a Myth.Actually somebody suggest me to consult a hpnotherapist to lose some weight. So please let me know can it be possible.Thanks in advance

[ Edited Fri Oct 26 2012, 07:46PM ]

Fri Oct 26 2012, 07:45PM
Robin

Registered Member #4

Denny, please stop this, we dont encourage this much.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF