Welcome

Username:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]

Chatbox

You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

physicaltherapy: 05 Feb : 06:54 pm

Is there anyone who has gone through CWT6 or type 1 evaluation with FCCPT?
If so, kindly let me know from where can the following deficiencies be fulfilled?
1. History
2. Systems Review
3. Findings that warrant referral
4. Supervision of support staff
5. Documentation

nani: 28 Sep : 04:31 am

plz pleasec tell me where to do phd in india

Nikhilphysio: 02 Jun : 03:55 am

I am working as physiotherapist in Shalby hospital ahmedabad for 4 years. I have passed out from Rajiv gandhi university of health and sciences Bangalore. I want to apply for Newzealand physiotherapy board registration so anyone there from India who got registered as physiotherapist in new zealand please help me.

Arun: 10 May : 12:36 am

Hi Priyank, welcome. Feel free to go through these forum threads returned by search [link]

Priyank: 09 May : 10:28 pm

Hi..need advice. What are the options in Australia after MPT?

Forums

Physioblasts.Org - India's collaborative physiotherapy community & free learning portal :: Forums :: Community Forum :: Continuing Education

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>

PHYSIOTHERAPY EDUCATION THROUGH DISTANCE EDUCATION

Go to page  [1] 2 3
Moderators: Arun, Boopathi, Robin, Diana, AJIN, MDK-Physio
Author Post
Thu Dec 07 2006, 06:20am
DR.MUKUL NAGAR
Registered Member #1063
Hey! myself mukul i m new PT through distance education. i know after reading this u all guys hate me and u through me out from your community. but i want to tell u that distance education is not so bad as u think about this so please think over it. oh...but i want to tell u one thing more that i m PT through distance education but i m no.1 PT in my city. so it is my request to u gyus please don't underestimate us plrase think over it....plz.

Thu Dec 07 2006, 07:41am
HARDIK
SPANDAN PHYSIO POINT,ANJAR
Registered Member #1023

hello Mukul sorry to say that PT from distance education r not accecped,reason is distance learning centre themselfs! most of them don't have neccesary standards & basic facilities.no fix criteria of admission.It is just mater of money!not only in distance learning centre but also in many selfinace clgs.i have many biter examples of my friends at karnataka.BDW exeption r there in every things.if u have spirit of PT & want to share things with us,i don't think anybody has objection..!hope u will break known prejudice about u r centre atleast....welcome to pb

Fri Dec 08 2006, 07:37am
HARDIK
Registered Member #1023

and yes as u said u r new & also no.1.give some tips for such rapid sucess,if u won't mind...!

Fri Dec 08 2006, 11:12pm
Robin
Keep looking around. There's always something you've missed.

Registered Member #4

hope u doin fine , mukul!  ..as hardik pointed out,there should be no reason to hold u out of the community just 'cause u had a distant education course..! yes it is true that i as should many,hold a doubt regarding the ability of a pt trained such a way..may be u can help us all allievate those fears ! if u have got the knowledge no matter how, then i should not find any prob in seeing u being the top performer in u'r field. but there may be legal limitations for such practice, though not for now i feel !

[ Edited Fri Dec 08 2006, 11:15pm ]

Fri Dec 08 2006, 11:48pm
Arun
May I help you?

Registered Member #1

MUKUL NAGAR wrote ...
Hey! myself mukul i m new PT through distance education. i know after reading this u all guys hate me and u through me out from your community. but i want to tell u that distance education is not so bad as u think about this so please think over it. oh...but i want to tell u one thing more that i m PT through distance education but i m no.1 PT in my city. so it is my request to u gyus please don't underestimate us plrase think over it....plz.

Mukul,
Don't feel that you will get secluded for expressing yourself in the community. This platform is meant just for that so you don't have to feel that way.

Its not that we feel those courses bad or underestimate it, you have the oppurtunity to prove. But it is kind of unethical towards the regular PT courses and professionals who have earned it the hard way. Also these kind of courses may misrepresent the Indian PT educational standard in the international scenario.

Sun Dec 10 2006, 04:33am
AJIN
DR. (PT)
Registered Member #223

true arun, i hold nothing against you or those who have learnt jus like you. its jus the fact that in international circles there will be a talk of how pt is being taught in the distance education mode and i think that will affect those who have studied by the regular stream also.
but this is the time to prove to everyone that those from the distance education are also not behind in any sort of way. so welcome to pb.org and dont worry.....this is a platform for all not those only out of the regular stream.

Sun Dec 10 2006, 05:32am
Guru
Registered Member #980

PT is a hands on Field and to have DE as the main fourum of teaching? I dont care how good your study materials are, you still will be misssing the jist of the the field. Please tell us how DE works. Do you have any hands on courses?

Sun Dec 10 2006, 07:18am
HARDIK
Registered Member #1023

the idea of DE was developed to provide knowlege of experts across wide community but it is totaly missed used as a bussiness.the motto of modern management is 'custmer care' so student of DE should ask their centre for more facility.if they r realy interested in PT but most of student want just degree!1st step DE centre should do for gaining trust is to establisled realiable admission system with limited seats of course.most them have 150 seats in each batch!govt. should do something to regulate them....

Sun Dec 10 2006, 08:01am
DASHRATH
Registered Member #1209

Hey Mukul! warm welcome to pb. I dont think that distance education courses are so bad if you have spirit to gain success in your field. so please don't feel sad . And one thing is that we are not underestemating anyone. keep in touch.......

Thu Dec 14 2006, 10:10am
swapnil_handa85 physiotherapist
Registered Member #419

hello im swapnil,
if any one of you have remembered about me u might have remeber my first mail to physioblasts many months before in which i asked for advise for my career. i im one of those students who were cheated by not only the institute but also by the govenment itself. Every one says that during admission you should have taked care of it but i still say the fault was not mine. I Left nothing which was must to be find before admission, i enquired for status of university(aaidu) where i found my college recogised by it. than i enquired ugc where i found my university recognised. no where it was given that ugc have not allowed the aaidu to start there study center. not only that some colleges like subharti medical college,meerut,u.p. which is recognised by iap itself have two effiliations. one from aaidu and another from agra university.

any ways!!

frm the begning of my course up till now i never missed any oppertunity to learn anything. i did hard to over come the loop whole in my physiotherapy platform which was not created by me. from kisner n dena gardiener's exercise therapy to o sullivan n tidy's comprehensive books i left nothing to study. regarding practical hold , from the starting of my second sem uptill now i didnt left any hospital in agra where i didnot work as a trainee.

Go to page  [1] 2 3  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF