Moderators: Arun, Boopathi, Robin, baskar, AJIN, MDK-Physio
Author Post
navi
Mon Jan 25 2016, 10:27AM
Registered Member #4234
I have a trapezius muscular imbalance with tightened/contracted right shoulder and overstretched left shoulder.In addition; my left shoulder is also elevated and significantly higher than the right one.However; My physiotherapist is confused as he believes the right shoulder should be elevated with the pull of contracted muscles on the right as opposed to my case where left shoulder(the shoulder on the weakened/overstretched ). is elevated. Any suggestions on how we should go about correcting this?Thanks.

Sponsored Links

Robin
Fri Jan 29 2016, 07:03AM
Keep looking around. There's always something you've missed.

Registered Member #4

I feel that it is a vague suggestion regarding reasons for elevated and stretched shoulder muscles. Your proper diagnosis needs to be done physically to suggest where the dysfunction is and what are the options we have to correct it or counterbalance it.
As per the information u provided, I would liek to put my blind assessments here as that the stretched muscles on the Lt shoulder seems secondary to an elevated shoulder you have not the otherway around. Reasons for elevated shoulder needs to be looked into first in this case to see what options we have. Reg Rt shoulder muscles being contracted but not elevated- reasons could be that the contracted muscles are not your shoulder/scapular elevators but depressors? rotators?
Suggestion for correcting your issues- find a therapist to diagnose you properly.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF