Moderators: Arun, Robin, AJIN, Shabnam
Author Post
RakeshSharma
Sun Sep 20 2015, 12:34PM
Registered Member #4193
Hi friends,How are you. I am new member of this forum.
I have done BPT from AAI DU , Allahabad in 2009 . So, I want to know Something about this.

I am not a member of IAP because IAP do not accept our university ( Unfortunate but That is not my fault ) .

So, Does it mean I cannot work in clinic or in hospital. Do you think IAP membership is necessary to work as a physiotherapist ?

I am feeling so low and inferior . Despite of having degree , I am feeling like nothing. I have invested my time , money and hard work in my study . I need all of your suggestions. I hope that will help me.

Thanks you

Rakesh Sharma

Sponsored Links

Robin
Sat Oct 03 2015, 08:00AM
Keep looking around. There's always something you've missed.

Registered Member #4

Sorry to hear that Rakesh. But it is always worth to check out before we take a step in deciding the course and its recognition. Distance mode in PT was banned in 2010 for PT [link] . If you have graduated before that, then there is no legal restrictions in your practice since you did your course before it was considered legal and you should be good to practice. If you would be well accepted among your colleagues would be a different matter and would depend upon their character and judgement. In these days where people still hold stigmas and misconceptions in our country about caste, religious freedoms, personal freedom and rights and get encroached upon so often, there is no guarantee on how each case is seen upon by coworkers. All I can wish you is that you have soem sensible coworkers and colleagues, and more than that hopefully future students understand that these kind of courses are not recognized anymore and is not accepted among those students or therapist who have done a regular course.
IAP recognition is not mandatory for one to practice as of now as a Physical therapist in India, atleast until they become the leading association for the profession and demonstrates they are doing enough for the profession as well.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF